This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Listen to the caregiver....

So, I was taking my client out. I was kneeling behind him, taking out his bus tickets from his backback to get it validiated when I saw someone starting to walk quickly towards client to shake his head. I verbally told him to "Please don't. He doesn't know his own strength and he'll hurt ya" and was trying to stand between the two.

Dumbass shook his hand "Oh I don't min--- GAHHH!-".

Client grabbed him and ripped him forward in an attempt to get an ear rub, as that's like sex to him and he just loves his ear pets. The other guy fell on his knees from the force of being ripped forward.

I'm serious when I state that my client in insanely strong, and doesn't know his strength. He killed his last pet by ...well... head gone, no more cat.

Now I'm thinking crap, going to get sued, while at same time laughing innerwardly after I warned him.

Thankfully, I managed to distract client to let go of the guy, who just stared at my client.

"Guess I deserved that..."

No shit. Listen to the caregiver when they warn ya not to do something to client.
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Yeah....that was dumb of him. You must get some very awkward encounters when you're out.
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Just wanted to say it's good that you've got this job, Plaid. You seem to like it, and (being you) you're going to be kind and genuinely caring to your patients.

On the original topic: YES, if a caregiver gives you instructions, bloody LISTEN!

(I'm pain sensitive. There's a reason I typically don't get professional haircuts, massages, manicures or pedicures. So don't grab my hand and try to show me your massage technique.)
      Seshat's self-help guide:
      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

I do not understand why this guy feels the need to go up to strangers and touch them. I guess he won't do that again!
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Disabled people are public property. Just like pregnant women's bellies.

No, I don't believe it myself. But some people act that way.
          Seshat's self-help guide:
          1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
          2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
          3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
          4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Shaking hands is a common greeting and a way to show someone that they are welcome. Personally, I think it was a very caring gesture.

That being said... Listen to Plaid.
            Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
            Save the Ales!
            Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
              I do not understand why this guy feels the need to go up to strangers and touch them. I guess he won't do that again!
              Eh, it's Portland. You can't walk down the street without a dozen people at the very least nodding and saying hi.

One of my coworkers was from Philly, and when he first came here he thought he was on some kind of hidden camera show because in Philly, you don't nod to people and you don't say hi.

Just one of the few good things about this city.
              Military Spouse Support.
              http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
              Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

I come from a friendly place, not so big on hand shaking but everyone nods/smiles/whatever many people will ask and actually want to know how you're doing (and not just people who know you but strangers). I understand the urge to greet everyone and when you always do it a certain way you don't want to change it up, but if someone says don't do it then you switch it up. A nice smile and warm hello would have been just as friendly.

At least he realized he was in the wrong and admitted that he kind of had it coming.

Comment

Poor cat.

Comment

Working...
                  X