X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little Rechargable Vaccuums

Does anyone else have one of these?

I got a Bissell Easy Sweep today from Best Buy on sale. It's rechargable, cordless, and only weighs about 6 pounds. I can't use it yet, it has to charge for 16 hours beforehand. It gives you 45 minutes of clean time per charge, although I don't really need the full 45, I will still use it up just so my battery doesn't build up a resistance to it.

Does anyone else in an apartment or small living area use one of these types of cleaning tools?
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Been using dustbusters for years. I think they are great for small cleanups. They usually last 5 - 6 yrs before the battery wears out.

Comment

We live in a house.

We use our dustbuster (dunno what brand!) for car vacuuming, cleaning my scooter's carpet, and 'small' cleanup jobs. 'small' can be even a metre square, but much larger than that and it's worth getting out the full size vacuum with the stronger suction.
      Seshat's self-help guide:
      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

This one is meant for smaller places or in-between cleanings. I can still borrow my parents' vaccuum cleaner every once in a while and their carpet cleaner.

For now, I just need something that can do the linoleum floor and the carpets.

Comment

We have this Electrolux version and it's just awesome. The larger part has a beater and the actual suction part can come off like a dustbuster if you need to. It's mainly for hard floors but we use it on some of our smaller-pile rugs and it works just fine.
          My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.---Cary Grant

Comment

I also Have a Roomba and that thing is fantastic. Does one or two good size rooms on one charge when I am elsewhere. The cats however are not too thrilled with it.

Comment

Is this like an electrostatic "hokey"? cleaner? I bought one of those when I lived in my old place (I had carpet there) and I really liked it. We used one at the Olive Garden and that's what gave me the idea.

Or are we talking about a light dusting vacuum like a Swifter broom thing? I looked up what you are talking about and am not sure what I am seeing.

Comment

I'm not sure which of us you're talking to but in my post it's an actual electric vacuum. Not terribly powerful--you can't use it very well on carpet, for instance--but pretty decent on linoleum/vinyl, laminate, hardwood, etc. It's basically a dustbuster but in an upright stand. It has a rechargeable battery and no vacuum bags just a little container that you can empty after each use.
                My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.---Cary Grant

Comment

It's a battery powered vaccuum you assemble yourself (not too hard, just put three pieces of the handle together, and attach to the cleaning unit) and it weighs about 6 pounds. It's for lighter messes, light cleaning on small carpeted areas and wooden or linoleum floors.

It's called a Bissell Easy Sweep. It has no bag and you just press a button and open it up over a garbage to empty it.

Comment

I have a B&D Dustbuster. It's a little blue handheld thing that plugs into the mains via a little plug point thing. It is so useful for hoovering up crumbs or tiny gravel traipsed in from outside. Me mam swears by them and taught me how to use them - and when - from an early age. Crap on dust and you wouldn't want to substitute it for a proper hoover, but excellent when you don't have time/effort to drag the behemoth out from behind the sofabed and tidy the floor and pull all the wires onto the sofa...
                    "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

Working...
                    X