This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Mods are not Mind Readers

You know how customers will come into your store and get mad at you for not noticing that they want something when they never opened their mouths to ASK?

When you put a note to the mods in a post you are acting like that customer.

There are thousands of posts on this site and only a handful of mods. What do you think the chances are that one of us will see it and read it? Since we don't have psychic abilities, chances are we won't see it unless it's reported by a member who happens to see it.

So what to do if you need to ask us a question or have a concern?

If the concern is about a post such as a worry that you've posted in the wrong forum, just use the report button on that post and let us know.

Or you can use the PM feature to send a message to one or more of us. If it's a real emergency, the more of us you contact the better.

There is also a forum just for general questions, concerns and bug reports that is a good place to post anything of general interest to everyone.

I can't promise that the reply via the above methods will be instant. We're all volunteers and have busy lives. But at least you're not taking the chance that nobody will see you at all.
    The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Oh come on we know better....of course you all have super powers and can read minds!! THE LIES!!!

https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

And here I thought Raps sent you all special mind reading devices when you became mods.
      Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

Here I was thinking I was annoying the mods lately by hitting the report button for things like that. Doesn't help with having STS..and hitting report on the wrong thing .

Good point though. Can't see everything, be everywhere, and the only 'stupid' question is one not asked (well except some SC's questions, but that is beside the point).
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Teysa View Post
          And here I thought Raps sent you all special mind reading devices when you became mods.
          Decoder rings, sure. I keep the good stuff to myself.

Doesn't fit in an envelope, see?

Rapscallion

Comment

Not to mention the international shipping charges.
            I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Quoth Teysa View Post
              No, but that's okay, I already had a couple.

Crystal balls. I'm very good at bullshitting over them and making stuff up.

They don't seem to work here, very well, though. Believe me, they'd have come in really handy if they had.

Comment

Don't you have any mindreaders in the back?
                You gotta polish a memory like a stone. Chip off the parts that remind you it was just a game. Work it until it's indistinguishable from any other memory.

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post

Rapscallion
                  'Sides, Q objects to the unauthorized distribution of his toys.

Right, Agent Uh-Oh-Sicks-n-a-Half?
                  Last edited by dalesys; 10-05-2011, 12:28 PM.
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post

Rapscallion
                    Not to mention my post office would nick it.
                    The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

I'm sorry, I just don't believe you. Is there someone more senior you can connect us to?
                      This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                      I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Could you just imagine the turnover if the mods COULD read some of our minds?? I doubt Raps would want to be responsible for such chaos

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                          Crystal balls. ... They don't seem to work here, very well, though.
                          They just need to be properly motivated.

Hang them in a net sack off the back end of a pick-em-up truck for a few hundred miles and I'll bet they shape right up!
                          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

You mean they don't read minds?
                            http://www.customerssuck.com/?m=20080203

My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is telling me.

Comment

Report button allowed for non-snitching purposes? Good to know.
                              To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Working...
                              X