This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dipping my toe into the water

Hello, CS members. I signed up for the Christmas card list last year and this year as well; but haven't posted until now. Have you all been good? Have the customers sucked just the same? I want details!

I had to leave the site over six years ago. For those that don't know me, I have MS. It comes and goes, but I had a rather bad patch back in 2001. I was a bit, umm, incapacitated and unable to post. I had to retire from my businesses, but I have great managers that work for me (OG bless them!) I've been getting better and now that I'm retired I can spend more time with my beloved horses. Life is good.

I still hate sucky customers. They. Just. Suck. I endorse burning in effigy Joe Customer. Maybe it could become a New Years' custom?

Signed;

Glad to be back

back.
    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

McD! Wonderful to see you again!
      I feel stupid to even admit this, but I almost deleted your account during the last round of purging inactive accounts. If no one else already has, I'll move you to "registered" status so that won't happen. I would have done it sooner, but I didn't know if you were the "real" McD or not.

Sorry if you had to wait for a mod to approve your post. It became necessary to do that with new members after a troll invasion, and more recently, a huge influx of spammers. After I work my magic, that won't be a problem anymore.

I still remember when I was just a regular member, and you were a mod, and later an admin. IIRC, you vanished shortly after I became a mod. I'm an admin now.

Sorry about the MS. My stepmother has the same thing.
      Last edited by MadMike; 09-18-2008, 06:49 AM.
      Sometimes life is altered.
      Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
      Uneasy with confrontation.
      Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Thank you so much for the greetings, Ree and MM. And thank you for not deleting me and registering me properly. Much appreciated. So, what's been going on? Trolls, you say? Surely not Greggles, I think we spanked his buttinsky to the curb too many times. Spammers are absolute filth, and should be dealt with summarily. You're quite right to take precautions. Is it still illegal to dispatch Flying Ninjas to, umm, make them disappear? What a shame.

Mad Mike, I remember the impassioned speeches I had to make to instate you as a Mod. Congratulations on your promotion. Where's Ace of Zirconia-what's-his-name.

I have many questions, feel free to PM me if you would like to answer them.

And a big shout-out to Protege, who would seem to be the longest lived Mod on these hallowed boards. You have always been a good friend.

Comment

Heya!

I don't think we ever bumped into each other on the board, but welcome back! Heard quite a few good things.

Since I took over, we've had a couple of neo-nazis, two distinct cyberstalkers that I can think of, and we're currently experiencing some server trouble that we're rooting out at the moment. You won't see any spammers right now, thanks to Ree's idea for the 'trollguard'.

Ace? No idea. Last I spoke he was busy in real life, whatever that is.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
            thanks to Ree's idea for the 'trollguard'.
            ...and my implementation of it. Wasn't exactly easy to figure out how to do it.

Damn, I hate it when they forget that I played my part as well.

Quoth McD View Post
            Trolls, you say? Surely not Greggles, I think we spanked his buttinsky to the curb too many times.
            Yeah, I must have banned the little shit about a dozen times myself.

Not him this time, at least not that we know of. It was a whole group of them. The first wave of them was in the summer of 2005. I think I did more bans in that one day than I did in the rest of my career as a mod.

Quoth McD View Post
            Mad Mike, I remember the impassioned speeches I had to make to instate you as a Mod.
            And while I never got to see any of those speeches, I thank you.

Quoth McD View Post
            And a big shout-out to Protege, who would seem to be the longest lived Mod on these hallowed boards. You have always been a good friend.
            Funny you should mention him. Raps was asking us who you were, and I told him about you, and mentioned Protege as probably the only remaining one of us from back in the day.

Damn, it's good to see you again.

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
              Funny you should mention him. Raps was asking us who you were, and I told him about you, and mentioned Protege as probably the only remaining one of us from back in the day.

Damn, it's good to see you again.
              I recognised your name and associated good things, but it was a fuzzy memory. Check your inbox

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth McD View Post
                Surely not Greggles, I think we spanked his buttinsky to the curb too many times.

First off: Welcome back. I don't recall you, though the name did sound somewhat familar. Though I'm pretty sure you were before me.

Also: Hate to ask, but you guys really should start posting small bits. I know you said alot of it was boring spam, but alot of the times, it sounds hilarious. I gotta know about Greggles. Was he that drunk dude who posted strange ramblings? He was the only one I remember being banned so fast after making a few posts.

Quoth McD View Post
                Is it still illegal to dispatch Flying Ninjas to, umm, make them disappear? What a shame
                Plaidman is a white belt. I haven't practiced in about... oh 13 or so years. But I am for hire!
                Military Spouse Support.
                http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
                  Also: Hate to ask, but you guys really should start posting small bits. I know you said alot of it was boring spam, but alot of the times, it sounds hilarious. I gotta know about Greggles. Was he that drunk dude who posted strange ramblings? He was the only one I remember being banned so fast after making a few posts.
                  This began back when Mr. S. still owned the board, and back before my time, but from what I heard, Greg (who posted as "Greg88" back then) asked to become a moderator, and once his wish was granted, used his powers to wreak havoc on the board -- randomly deleting posts and closing threads, which one of the other mods got blamed for initially. Once Mr. S. checked the logs and found out who was really doing it, Greg was not only stipped of his mod status, but outright banned from the board.

Since then, he's tried to come back several times. He was given a chance to behave a couple times, but always ended up blowing it and getting banned. After that, he started trying to sneak back in, but one of us usually caught him. Like I said, I must have banned him about a dozen times myself.

If I missed anything, maybe one of the old-timers can fill in the gaps.

Comment

Hey, are you inferring that I'm an old-timer? Get off my lawn! *hoists waistband up to armpits*

As Mad Mike implied, Gregg88 was a naughty pyscho. We had to deal with him for over two years. I once changed his user title from "member" to "I have a small member" just to try to shame him from posting. It didn't work. Turns out that greggles was 13YO at the time. I do hope he's exchanged the Internet for a hairnet in his new career.

Comment

Working...
                    X