X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should've done this first!

Hi everyone!

My apologies for posting for a few days and not coming here first.

I work in a large, statewide library system as the Circulation Staff Supervisor. Most of my previous jobs were in retail (ASM of a bookstore, manager of a small pet store, Head Cashier at a toy store, and associate at a music store). My first job was as a typesetter/office manager of a small type shop, so I've experienced all kinds of SCs.

I've lurked here for years, and I want to thank everyone who's posted their stories, because they ALWAYS make me feel better after a sucky day at work. You guys rock!
    I love mankind ... it's people I can't stand. -- Linus Van Pelt

Hey, Ill_Used_Heroine.
    Sorry I am so late in saying to CS.

Excellent participation in the forums.
    So glad you've joined us.
    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Hi! I've been reading your stories for a while now and I kept telling myself I should come over here and check if you did a "hello" message...so here I am...Hello!
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Thanks, both of you! I was beginning to get a complex ... that's why it says "Invisible Library Clerk" under my user ID. Actually, I was going to change it to "Unofficial Thread Killer," but I've been online long enough (17+ years) to know it takes time to get accepted by board regulars.

Comment

Quoth Ill_Used_Heroine View Post
          Thanks, both of you! I was beginning to get a complex ... that's why it says "Invisible Library Clerk" under my user ID. Actually, I was going to change it to "Unofficial Thread Killer," but I've been online long enough (17+ years) to know it takes time to get accepted by board regulars.
          Aw, you're not invisible. Now I feel bad
          (that's OK, I was anxiously checking my newbie message when I first signed up and was so relieved to see that Ree had responded...and the first time someone quoted me...well, that made me inordinately happy )

I usually come say hi to new people on the weekends, but I haven't been over here in a couple weeks, at least; I was away this past weekend and spending the last couple weekends getting stuff ready and whatnot...

Comment

I know how hard it is to break in on a message board, too, and that's why I try to get in and say hello to the new people.

I feel so bad when I fall behind, because I sometimes come in and see people who had made their intro post, and there are no replies, and when I search, they don't have any posts, or very few, and I can't help but feel that they weren't made to feel welcome.

I was so excited when I saw that BookstoreEscapee had my back.
            I can always count on her if I get preoccupied and don't get in here, even if she also gets busy with life, I know she'll be here eventually. (Usually before I do.)
            Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
              I was so excited when I saw that BookstoreEscapee had my back.
              I can always count on her if I get preoccupied and don't get in here, even if she also gets busy with life, I know she'll be here eventually. (Usually before I do.)
              Well, I try...

Now you have to change that "Invisible Library Clerk" to something else

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                Now you have to change that "Invisible Library Clerk" to something else
                Done! Hopefully, I won't be on the edge forever, but after days like today, who knows?

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                  Well, you know what happens when you ASSuME! (I the Odd Couple).
                  I the Odd Couple, too! I just bought the 2nd season, after buying the entire series on ebay and getting ripped off with homemade DVDs from WPIX in NYC. Yeah, the whole series was there, but they were cut up and there were commercials. Oh well, it did the trick till the official ones came out. I wish there was some online Odd Couple trivia place or something.

Comment

I looked for the Odd Couple on DVD a few years ago for my now-ex and I couldn't find anything! He has a bunch on tape but they're pretty old (obviously, cuz they're tapes!).

Comment

You can get them now online at amazon or deepdiscount ... I got the 2nd season at Costco, and I was very surprised that they had it. I mean, since they didn't have the 1st season available there.

Comment

Working...
                      X