This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Technically at work; sucky family member

I'm working from home. I've been in a virtual meeting for the last hour. I did a load of laundry last night reallly late because of a mishap. I didn't get up early because I was up really late in pain. I planned to turn it over to the dryer on a break or in the middle of a meeting and I hadn't gotten a chance when I heard FM do it. This is a problem because half of the items don't go on high heat because it ruins elastic and shrinks things. FM isn't really aware but I have multiple times in the past asked them "Can all your stuff go in the dryer?" or "Can I move this over?" I always ask before moving other people's stuff. I don't get the same courtesy. We are newly in this house so there is a basement clean-up project afoot, not my idea. Last month a bunch of my stuff got moved around, heaviest items on the top shelves which caused me to hurt myself. I don't mind that my stuff is now on shelves; that's nice. But I wasn't consulted. They did it while I was working. I just want people to stop handling my possessions and moving them around without letting me know. It might even be a small item, but I find stuff in odd places where it's likely to get lost. Just leave people's stuff alone!
    On top of it, I walked over to the dryer and said something, laptop in hand while listening to my boss. Now, I know families are going to hear work stuff in this situation, but the best thing to do is to disregard, especially when some of us work with sensitive information. Boss Man said something about "I don't know what to do while waiting for Employee X" who was still on break. He didn't really not know what to do. He was just thinking out loud that he needed to decide what topic to bring up with her not there, or find if there was a spreadsheet he needed to share. Either way, really none of FM's business but they said "Play music" which confused me and I had to clarify. "That's what I would do." Well, you don't work for my company, so it doesn't matter what you would do. And why are you trying to tell my boss how to do his job? It's because FM acts like they are always right about everything all the time which has caused some contentious conversations lately. I don't even talk to them unless it's utilitarian.
    I'm here for Other Family Member and they need me, financially and otherwise. I want to move out after only 4 months but I feel I can't. One day FM and I will jointly own this house and frankly, I don't want that responsibility.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

This isn't worth it.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
      One day FM and I will jointly own this house and frankly, I don't want that responsibility.
      And that is when you give FM the option of buying your half from you or selling & splitting the procedes.
      Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
      Save the Ales!
      Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Working...
      X