This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the real spirit of christmas

this didn't happen to me but I would like to say THANK YOU to this lovely woman for doing this for my boyfriend!

He was at the shops the other day getting some photos printed out. When he went to pay he pulled out his card and the lady said "sorry $10 limit" (which I might add is SOOOOO annoying, I understnad why it is done, I just don't understand why there is rarely any signs that let you KNOW this in advance!!)

Anyways thats for another time! My BF was worried, because he didn't have any cash and would have to go get some out when this lady behind him wips out $5 and hands it to him, and said here "Merry Christmas!" awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww how sweet! HE thanked her, asked if she was sure, and then tried to give her chagne, she said not to worry and to give the change to a charity!

Now that is the REAL meaning of Christmas right there!
    OH and he did give the change to a charity on his way out!
    I am evil, I should change my middle name legally TO evil, I'm proud of my evilness! Makes life fun! bwhaha

I only cashiered for about 4 months but I did witness a few 'random acts of kindness' similar to the one you posted about. I guess there are still some nice people in this world. It's just that they are so rare, especially this time of year.

Thanks for the reminder. I really needed it!

Retail Haiku:
    Depression sets in.
    The hellhole is calling me ~
    I don't want to go.

Comment

I actually work in the credit card processing industry. According to the Visa/Mastercard contract that EVERY merchant signs it is in breech of contract to impose any minimum amount on credit card purchases.

The stor ein question could be fined heavily for this or even lose their privilege to accept credit cards all together.

Next time anyone tells you about any kind of minimum you should kindly inform them of this.
      www.myspace.com/queenofevrything

Comment

Quoth Rubyred View Post
        According to the Visa/Mastercard contract that EVERY merchant signs it is in breech of contract to impose any minimum amount on credit card purchases.
        oh reeeealy interensting (just went searching through old threads I had posted and noticed the replies to this one hehehe

Does that count if it's efpos though???
        Last edited by Ree; 04-08-2007, 03:43 PM. Reason: Editing irrelevant parts out of quote
        I am evil, I should change my middle name legally TO evil, I'm proud of my evilness! Makes life fun! bwhaha

Comment

Quoth Rubyred View Post
          Next time anyone tells you about any kind of minimum you should kindly inform them of this.
          I've tried to inform store owners of this, and they tell me I'm full of.... well, some foul smelling substance.
          Last edited by Ree; 04-08-2007, 03:44 PM. Reason: Editing irrelevant parts out of quote
          GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Well I suffer from a serious panic attack disorder and serious depression<Hey I'm a server, who doesn't> I had a similar experience. I knew the man I loved was going to leave me soon and I needed something to keep me from doing something stupid. I had 1st 2nd and third degree burns on my arm and my depression was worse than ever. I was poor, couldnt work, ect. So I decided to get a cat. Someone to love and pamper. Well they spayed and neutered his brothers and sisters and had yet to neuter him. They had me assume tha the nuetering would be free. I bring him in and he got the operation. They then told me that they wanted 70 dollars. I showed them the paperwork they gave me and there was nowhere that it said that I had to pay for this service. I had NO money and even had to borrow money to get there. They even made me wait2 weeks because he is black and it was close to holloween. Hey I get it, there are some sicko's out there. Well they wouldnt give me my cat and I hit rock bottom of my depression. I broke down. I fell in love with him and I couldn't leave him. A nice man asked me what was wrong and I told him. The lady rudely said she needed something. The man called her a heartless bitch, threw down a 20 and told them to give me mydamn cat. they brought him out to me and I couldnt thank him enough.I just held him crying and proclaimed my life to his happiness.<hey I dont have kids> he's great, he follows me everywhere, plays fetch, and always cuddles me when he can tell I'm upset. That man savedmy life with a 20 and I could never repay him with the reward I've recieved.

Comment

No offense at all intended, BBK (I've had some pretty serious bouts with depression myself)... but I think that perhaps counselling and possibly anti-depressants might help you a heck of a lot more than a cat. Yes, they say that pets are great therapy, but they shouldn't be your ONLY therapy. What if something happened to the cat? You should probably try to find yourself some form of help so that you can get back on your feet (emotionally) to be able to deal with stuff on your own.... *hug* (I really hope you don't take offense to this, I've been there before, and I'm only trying to help - feel free to tell me to stuff it).
              GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Never!! Im actually working on it and I know ur just trying to be helpfull. I was in a bad place and wanted to tell poeple of that srangers kindness. Im on some stuff now and I have a great sister who struggles with me and we have each other. But still dont feel bad I'm always open for opinion

Comment

good for you and good luck

(I was gonna use the "hug" smiley, but it looked too much like they were getting down and dirty with each other)
                  GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth Rubyred View Post
                    ... According to the Visa/Mastercard contract that EVERY merchant signs it is in breech of contract to impose any minimum amount on credit card purchases.
                    ...Next time anyone tells you about any kind of minimum you should kindly inform them of this.
                    I have to say that there are several places I can think of right off the bat that carry minimum charges, stating the cost to process the transaction must be covered. How would you suggest letting them know this without getting laughed out of the store? Is there a place you can report them on the VISA/MASTERCARD sites?
                    Last edited by Ree; 04-08-2007, 03:46 PM. Reason: Editing irrelevant parts out of quote
                    I know I'm laughing but it's really not funny. - Me
                    "I was in the hall. I know, because I was there." - Clue

Comment

I'm sure you could, but would you really want to? Places who have minimum are generally the smaller shops who cannot afford the admin costs involved in small sales.

Rapscallion

Comment

Working...
                      X