X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hugs from me, too.

Comment

And the story goes on... I mentioned before that there are some problems with my thyroid, so I went and had some more examinations, sonographie and szintigraphie. Result: Many hot and cold nodules in my thyroid. The radiologist said that a surgery might be the best idea, because there are so many nodes, cold and hot mixed, a radioiodine therapy wouldn't really work. My CLL means that there are many CAT scans in my future, without iodine contrast agents they aren't as useful.
      So there's a surgery on the agenda, YAY, I guess.
      To quote my GP: There are no healthy patients, they just aren't examinded throroughly.
      No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Lord, that's a LOT to deal with.... I hope all goes well and you are treated with respect and dignity throughout, and things are healed and you are well. And minimally nauseated!

Comment

Yeah, the surgeons are going for the throat! Next week they'll remove my thyroid, today I had the pre-checks for the surgery.

To make things even more interesting: I have an aberrant subclavian artery, which means that the reccurant laryngial nerve (it's responsible for the vocal cords) most likely takes a different route as well. I never do normal, only 0,6% of the population have this! The surgery will take a bit longer, because they have to be extra careful not to hurt the nerve.
          The surgeons are exited because it's so rare, so I guess the younger doctors will all take a look. I don't mind, they have to learn after all.

Comment

I'm back home, minus 1 thyroid! My thoat feels a bit sore, but otherwise I'm fine.

Comment

Glad to hear it went OK. Keep us posted on the recovery.
              Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
              Save the Ales!
              Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

*extremely gentle pats*

Comment

Ah, the worst is over. The adhesive strips that closed the incision are removed. It's healing nicely, in about 4 weeks it should be fully healed, but even now it hardly hurts anymore.

Thank you all for the well wishes!

Comment

Working...
                  X