Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XC: They've been around for a while. AFAIK, their main customers are movie and TV studios who just need to fill a wall with books that nobody's ever gonna read (e.g. old law books for scenes in law offices, or scenes where a specific color scheme/book binding type is desired), as well as places like doctor's offices, as they can simply request "four feet of miscellaneous children's books" or the like. It can also be a source of relatively cheap books to fill a library or used bookstore with if they haven't gotten enough donations or overstock transfers from other locations.

====================

This submission asks: Just how much is your willie worth, anyway?

https://notalwaysright.com/probably-one-per-inch/63179
    Last edited by EricKei; 02-04-2017, 03:01 AM.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

• https://notalwaysright.com/you-need-...ovary-it/63477

The real problem here is at the beginning: "I’m a manager at a restaurant with a drive-thru. A customer pulls up to the speaker box and proceeds to tell the order-taker that she had come through last night and her three chicken sandwiches were cold. She says she spoke with a manager and was told to come by for a replacement. The company’s policy is just to replace the order with or without proof."

This sort of policy is exactly WHY there are so many scammers and SC's running around!

Comment

• Are the "notalways*" sites updating? I've been seeing the same stories since the weekend. From two separate devices, on two separate networks. (And separate ISPs for that matter.)
        “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
        One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
        The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

• Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
          Are the "notalways*" sites updating? I've been seeing the same stories since the weekend. From two separate devices, on two separate networks. (And separate ISPs for that matter.)
          Maybe the guy is on vacation.
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• I've been seeing new stories this week.

Comment

• Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
              Are the "notalways*" sites updating? I've been seeing the same stories since the weekend. From two separate devices, on two separate networks. (And separate ISPs for that matter.)
              I've seen new stories on the Facebook pages, but their main sites don't seem to be updating.
              To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

• It is working for me. I have had problem with the site getting "stuck". I found that refreshing the page (F5 on most browsers) can clear it.
                Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                Save the Ales!
                Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

• Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                  Maybe the guy is on vacation.
                  I was just there. Looks like he's back from vacation.
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• New stories on "notalwaysright" today, but nothing new on "working", "learning", or "hopeless".

Hopefully just a vacation thing. And yes, I did try doing the forced-refresh.
                    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                    One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                    The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

• I've found that NAR gets refreshed more often, and gets more stories than the others -- but then I check it maybe once or twice a week x.x Seemed fine to me the other day, aside from the Like button throwing some "unknown referrer" error message.
                      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

• Some sites like that handle distribution through a content delivery network, such as Akamai or Cloudflare. If the CDN doesn't update its cache of the original source promptly, you can see behavior like this. I can't tell whether NAR actually does this (or if so, via whom), but that possibility should be kept in mind.

EDIT: It's Cloudflare. I just saw a Cloudflare error message while following a link to an individual story.
                        Last edited by Argus; 03-07-2017, 11:27 PM.

Comment

• If anyone says a form of, "Trust me," don't trust them.
                          This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

• https://notalwaysright.com/stress-comes-bulk/65097

This story has the world's most entitled woman, and wait until you get to the end!

Comment

• Quoth eltf177 View Post
                              https://notalwaysright.com/stress-comes-bulk/65097

This story has the world's most entitled woman, and wait until you get to the end!
                              I think I've seen sucktomers like that in my days at the wholesale club.
                              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                                I think I've seen sucktomers like that in my days at the wholesale club.
                                Yes, but how many of them - after causing this much delay and misery - end up NOT having a Club Card and thus were unable to be shopping there in the first place?

Comment

Working...
                                X