• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How not to tow...

Ok, here's one for Argabarga, i think someone dun screwed up here:

http://truckyeah.jalopnik.com/possib...alf-1757767379
    Seph
    Taur10
    "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

I don't see anything immediately wrong with the setup, no idea what happened there. But that's why we're insured.
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

That car is wedged. Pulling it, while it's caught, on that acute an angle was only ever going to end one way.
      A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

On a side note, let's hope the problem in this link doesn't spread.

http://jalopnik.com/5828743/detroit-...d-eat-the-weak
        "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
          That car is wedged. Pulling it, while it's caught, on that acute an angle was only ever going to end one way.
          yeah i could see the problem right away, the car was too vertical. The tower had to pull out and down, which anyone whose ever ribbed something they thought would be unrippable knows that's the sure fire way to do so. The rescuers should have either tired to pull solely down or up, which they couldn't do cause the f-ing driver was still int he got dang car.

Seriously we all know that's not safe.

the leverage wasn't there to move the object but it was there to destroy the object.

Comment

Or, in layman's terms, the front wheels were caught behind the lip of the hole. Since they were attached more securely to the vehicle (by the transmission) than the rear axle, the latter was the part to go.

Comment

Well the extra mass of the few tons of water sure isn't helping.
              I AM the evil bastard!
              A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Working...
              X