This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three good reasons to NOT go back into sales

Coworker on his way out the door today was telling me some stories about being a Sales Associate.

1) We are currently having a four-day "Save the Tax" event, if you spend $100 or more. Woman comes in to buy a couple of appliances.

CW
    SC - in this case it can be either Stupid Customer or Sucky Customer, whichever you wish

CW: "Well, ma'am, we are starting a Save the Tax event tomorrow, so if you hold off buying it for one day you can save some money."

SC: *puzzled* "Wait, don't you want to sell it to me?"

CW: "Well, yes ma'am, but as I was saying you can save some money if you put off the purchase until tomorrow."

SC: "You're trying to TALK ME OUT of buying something?!?"

CW: "Only until tomorrow, ma'am."

SC: "I can't believe you don't want to make this sale! WHY don't you want to sell me these items???"

CW: "Because tomorrow you can SAVE ... SOME ... MONEY ... ON THEM ..."

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Yes, she ended up buying them yesterday. And we are now awaiting, with baited breath, her return, with receipt in hand, demanding that she be refunded the tax that she WOULD have saved if she'd waited 24 hours to buy the damn things.

P.S. She won't get it.

2) Woman comes in to discuss various vacuum cleaners. In the course of the conversation ...

Weird Customer: "I do all my vacuuming in the nude, you know!"

CW:

Me, listening to him tell the story:

3) SC (again, Stupid Customer or Sucky Customer - both fit) storms up to CW and demands, "WHERE ARE THE TOILETS?? WHY DON'T YOU HAVE ANY TOILETS IN HERE?!?"

CW: "Sir ... they are RIGHT BEHIND YOU."

SC: "WHAT KIND OF GAME ARE YOU PLAYING?!?"

Turned out that SC did not realize toilets are shipped in boxes ....
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

/facepalm

My husband had a sales guy suggest he put off buying a large purchase once... because if he waited until the next day to buy the spiffy projector he wanted, he could get a big retractable screen bundled with it for one cent more.

He bought it the next day and got the screen, because he's SENSIBLE.

Comment

You'd think ANY sensible person would do that, right? I guess the key word is "sensible."
      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

During our big sale last month, our mismanager was trying to accuse one of the Storytellers of 'pre-selling' the brand that was going to 50% off the next day...

...which was already on the shelf for sale. All he was doing was telling our regulars that the price was going to drop (an amazing deal if you loved truffles). The way she was going on you would have thought he was actually ringing it through the register.
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Thread Title
          Three good reasons to NOT go back into sales
          Am I going to need to pull out the big poofy bat?
          This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Working...
          X