Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, so get this. Talked to my cousin last night. She's a surgical tech. She was on vacation with her husband and children.

It's about 10 at night, and they're the only ones in the pool area(it's a resort hotel at the beach, and there are two pools, a jacuzzi, and a lazy river.

She's in the lazy river with her 18 month old and stumbles over a drowning 6 year old girl on the bottom.

So she's got her own little one on one arm, dragging the girl, who is blue, off the bottom with the other, and screaming for her husband to call an ambulance. She does rescue breathing on the child till the ambulance comes.

The child was there with a 7 year old companion, who understandably, was hysterical and could not remember their room number. Finally, a last name was produced and parents called.

The good news: The child was revived and looked like she'd be fine.
    The bad news: turns out the parents thought sending two little girls, 6 and 7, to a pool at 10pm alone was an okay idea.

My cousin commented that nobody ever even thanked her. But then, she thought the couple got ejected from the hotel before they wouldv'e had the chance.

This stuff really, really disturbs me.
    Probably, they will be back trying to sue the hotel.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid
      Okay, so get this. Talked to my cousin last night. She's a surgical tech. She was on vacation with her husband and children.

It's about 10 at night, and they're the only ones in the pool area(it's a resort hotel at the beach, and there are two pools, a jacuzzi, and a lazy river.

She's in the lazy river with her 18 month old and stumbles over a drowning 6 year old girl on the bottom.

So she's got her own little one on one arm, dragging the girl, who is blue, off the bottom with the other, and screaming for her husband to call an ambulance. She does rescue breathing on the child till the ambulance comes.

The child was there with a 7 year old companion, who understandably, was hysterical and could not remember their room number. Finally, a last name was produced and parents called.

The good news: The child was revived and looked like she'd be fine.
      The bad news: turns out the parents thought sending two little girls, 6 and 7, to a pool at 10pm alone was an okay idea.

My cousin commented that nobody ever even thanked her. But then, she thought the couple got ejected from the hotel before they wouldv'e had the chance.

This stuff really, really disturbs me.
      Probably, they will be back trying to sue the hotel.
      Oh my God! I sincerely hope the wonderparents got charge with all kinds of criminal child neglect.

Your cousin is great.
      I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

I agree RK your cousin, rocks that couple should have been tossed for endangering their children, and causing a liability risk to the motel/resort. I one was working carts and this kid was going in and out of the cart door, in and out in and out. A stockman with a row of cart machine, which can hold up to 40 cats is approaching, I say, "Honey, please move out of the way, I don't want you to get hurt." Well, psycho mom stats into me saying "DON"T you EVER, EVER, talk to my kid. SHe will do what ever she wants to do, and if you lay a hand on her I'll have you arrested as a pedophile, which I am sure you are you retarded piece of crap." Well i walk off as soon as she begins yelling insults at me as i was called to lay-a-way. After i helped the LAW associate put the merchandise in the trailer, I came back out. Same mom approaches me.
        Her: How DARE YOU walk away from me when I am talking to you. I bet you are on welfare well, guess what I pay for you you freeloader. AND my child almost got hit by a cart why didn't you get her outof the way."
        Me: erm...I am not on welfare and i was helping with lay-a-way.
        Her: YOU need to watch my kid i have more important things to do!!
        ME: Sorry, ma'am but i haveto respond to a lay-a-way call it's part of my job.
        Her: MY child could have been hurt because of you, you stupid M----- F----.
        Manager(just entering): I saw what happened, He was doing part of his job. IT is NOT his job to watch your kids. . That is your job. And, get out of the store i will not have my associates disrespected, & as for your more important things to do; if you believe that yakking on your phone is more important than the welfare of your child than I have a mind to report you to DYFS.
        Her: I AM NEVER SHOPPING HERE AGAIN!!!!!!
        manager: Good!!!
        I should point out that the manager was going to kick her out she called me a pedophile but, she thought I was seeking a manager, and just did not notice her, she did not know I was going to lay a way.

gah sorry for the slight thread jack, but it does prove that some people have noregard for their child's welfare at all.
        Last edited by Crow The Robot; 07-19-2006, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Wait a second. First she yells at you for asking her child to move so that she doesn't get hit by a cart, and then she complains that you didn't move her child?

You can't have it both ways.

Comment

Just what I was thinking, Titi.

On parenting, in my family it was known that you were asked once, told once, then smacked. I had to be told several times, but that was usually where it ended.

Comment

Titi, I was thinking the same thing!!!!!!!!!

Aren't there enough stories on the news/in the paper/whatever your media choice is that would make parents want to keep a better eye on their children?!?!?!?!?
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Last March, my family went to Wisconsin Dells for a weekend getaway (not such a getaway when it was discovered that we'd gotten home early on Sunday and it was the perfect opportunity for a coworker to call in, but that's another story).

The Dells is really family oriented, and I expected a lot children (and a lot of headaches from children, because I can't stand them). I expected a lot of shrieking and running and bouncing.

I did NOT expect a bunch of unsupervised kids, some as young as 3 or 4, running around the hotel. That hotel was HUGE, and I'm not saying there were bad people there, but you never know what could happen.

On top of that, my family shut off the lights and went to bed around midnight every night. What did we hear?

Thump thump thump thump thump "Hehehehehehehehehehehehe!" "NOOOOOO!" "STOP YOU BUTTHOLE!" "Ahhhhhh!" "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

Little kids running/thumping down the halls at fricken midnight. When I was that little, I was in bed by 7 or 8.

Some parents........shouldn't be parents.
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post

The Dells is really family oriented, and I expected a lot children (and a lot of headaches from children, because I can't stand them). I expected a lot of shrieking and running and bouncing.

I did NOT expect a bunch of unsupervised kids, some as young as 3 or 4, running around the hotel. That hotel was HUGE, and I'm not saying there were bad people there, but you never know what could happen.
                  That is why I hate going to family resorts with my family. I cannot stand parents who do not keep a sharp eye on their kids for many reasons. I hate it when kids are running around and screaming and will not shut up and the parents do nothing about it.
                  The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Unsupervised children give me a headache.

I was at a Triathlon(?) event Sunday morning where my girlfriend and two friends of mine were starting as a team. Towards the end, we'd assembled at the finishing line to wait for our runner to come through. The place is full, so people are standing shoulder to shoulder in order to cheer their friends/relatives.

The organizers had cordoned off the... runway, I guess, to keep spectators away from the runners, by using red&white construction tape. The runway was maybe ten feet wide for the most part, but widened to twice that maybe 50 meters from the finishing line, to give the athletes room for a last dash. However, since people stood directly at the tape, that meant people standing at the wider section couldn't see very far back, as their LOS was blocked by the people standing at the less wide section.

A few kids, the oldest maybe 10, thought they ought to see better. So they PUSHED THE TAPE INTO THE RUNWAY by 3 or 4 feet, so they could look past the other people towards the approaching athletes. Towards athletes just giving their last in order to make a few more seconds' headway towards the finishing line; athletes, who only see that the tape is widening in front of them, giving them just the opportunity to get past that guy who's blocking them... and of course, no parent in sight who might realize that their kids standing practically in the middle of the runway is not a bright idea.

Both one of my friends and I tried to get the kids to move, but they only commented that they couldn't see otherwise.
                    You gotta polish a memory like a stone. Chip off the parts that remind you it was just a game. Work it until it's indistinguishable from any other memory.

Comment

Quoth Rine View Post
                      I also can't stand it when parents push strollers onto the escalator with their kids still strapped in them.
                      I'm not around escalators that much, but I'm amazed that I never see strollers on them and that people pushing them will spend an eternity waiting for the single elevator (sometimes waiting for the second pass if it's really jammed). Me, I'd wear the kids in a sling rather than put myself in that position.

What's XD?
                      I second that Frederick Douglass quote--unfortunately, so do a lot of SCs.

Comment

And to think that Mayor Carty's trying to get a "Parental Responsibility Law" enacted in Toledo and a lot of parents bitched up a storm over it.

Comment

Quoth Mixed Bag View Post

What's XD?

Turn your head to the left. Doesn't the XD now look like a person screwing up their eyes and grinning?
                          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                          My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                          X