No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This one's been bugging me for years. Thus, I ask you fine folks here at CS.

Ya know those little packets of salt, pepper, etc you get at the burger joints? Why is it that you need two or three packets of pepper to lightly season a SMALL bag of fries, and yet, a single salt packet (which appears to be exactly the same size) contains enough of the stuff to properly coat an entire side of beef for preservation...WHY?!?!?
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

• Because salt is much cheaper than pepper, and AFAIK always has been.

Comment

• For the same reason hotdogs come in a package of 10 while buns are in a package of 8.
        Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
        Save the Ales!
        Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

• For some strange reason, today I was wondering just how many crimes were committed in the 1977 movie "Smokey and the Bandit".
          Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

• Quoth mjr View Post
            For some strange reason, today I was wondering just how many crimes were committed in the 1977 movie "Smokey and the Bandit".
            Heh. Did you ever see the medical workup a couple of doctors did for James Bond? The points I remember were severe alcoholism, and likely massive TBI from repeated head injuries.

Comment

• I'm trying to get some new business cards and all these places have template styles like 'Bold', 'Elegant', 'Vintage'.

None of them have a category for 'Weird'. : (
              https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Last night my brain insisted on asking questions about Gilligan's Island. Yes, that old ridiculous TV show I watched as a kid.

Why did the women all have enough clothes for a year? They were supposed to be taking a "three-hour tour"!

Wouldn't "Ginger and the Howells" make a great name for a band?

What if Mrs. Howell left her husband to run off with Ginger? (related question: To where? They're on an island!!)

Also, "Ginger and Lovey" sounds like a British confectionery company.
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• Son: I think they're showing football on TV because this state loves football.

Me: Commercial's over. Oh, you're wrong. It's soccer.

Son: Yeah, but it's still football.

#smartass
                  https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                    ...Son: Yeah, but it's still football...
                    And that's when I punted him, Your Honor!
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• Quoth MoonCat View Post
                      Why did the women all have enough clothes for a year? They were supposed to be taking a "three-hour tour"!
                      Joke answer: Because they're women.

Real answer: Because they're women.*

* - Truth: My mother was pathologically incapable of packing light. For an overnight stay somewhere, she would pack at least two suitcases worth of clothes.

EDIT: At least three female coworkers have confirmed that my "real answer" is 100% legit.
                      Last edited by Jay 2K Winger; 10-30-2018, 07:32 PM.
                      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• The worst thing about being reincarnated as a dog...

Chocolate is poisonous.
                        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• Considered the page number this appears on, can it not be found?
                          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• Sis just sent me my niece's Xmas wish list. Included on the list: a ball python ...

Still can't get photos or working links to photos loaded ...

Aren't we supposed to use imgur to do this?
                            Last edited by Pixelated; 11-04-2018, 09:43 PM.
                            Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                            ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Boiler has broken down. I am back to sleeping on the settee in the living room as it is easier (and cheaper) to keep that one room heated than run the floor heater upstairs and heat my room from cold.

Strangely I'm actually enjoying sleeping on the settee again (I had to do it over summer as the first floor was perceptibly hotter than the ground floor so I was getting headaches and sweating all night, when I could get to sleep at all). I can just turn the telly off, roll over and go to sleep, rather than have to haul my butt off of the settee upstairs. Even my back's happy with me, since I don't have room to twist myself into a pretzel the way I do in my bed. I am so buying a single next time around...
                              "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

• For some people the ability to twist themselves into a pretzel shape in bed may be a very popular talent... 😊
                                The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Working...
                                X