Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
    For some people the ability to twist themselves into a pretzel shape in bed may be a very popular talent... 😊
    Not this girl with her chronic bad back! Being able to get out of bed without gritting my teeth is a novelty. I'm actually considering whether to buy some single bedding so that if I'm having a bad back day (or a lazy weekend) I can just make up the settee.
    "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

• Me: Come along, little spider. Honey, can you open the door so I can put this spider outside?

Husband: So it can run back inside the first chance it gets?

Me: It won't do that. Here you go, little guy. Go on, be free. No, not that direction. Not toward the house! The other way!
      https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
        Me: Come along, little spider. Honey, can you open the door so I can put this spider outside?
        That sounds like me at work! Everyone else is afraid of spiders, so I'm the one who gets to rescue the poor little buggers and drop them off in the foliage outside.
        "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

• The only things that give me the willies are the -pedes, centi and milli. I still catch and release them despite my disgust though. There's a Mary Oliver poem that (badly paraphrased) says ' I do not have the right to kill something because I am afraid' so I have taken that as my philosophy.

Comment

The only things that give me the willies are the -pedes, centi and milli.
            and hubby if he's been very well behaved 😈
            The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• Thank you severe social anxiety for costing me a job that I actually looked forward to going to and leaving me with a job I am starting to utterly loathe going into everyday. If you could kindly see yourself to the door and die, that would be appreciated.
              ACNL Dream Address: 5300-6013-1370

Comment

• and hubby if he's been very well behaved 😈
                Well then he needs to move his ass and get the door open quicker so I can get the spiders out

Comment

• 1.Why does he have a door in his ass?
                  2.Why are there spiders in there?
                  The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• Yay it's November. That means my Twitter feed is loaded with people freaking out about not hitting their word count goals. Meanwhile I'm leisurely eating a sandwich while I scrawl my story with a pen of all things. On paper.

Comment

• I was having a particularly cranky day, I just couldn't ignore the stupid and the annoyance would show itself occasionally. So I was apologizing to one of the guys being trained because I felt I was a bit spazzy and mean and he gave me the nicest compliment. That he really likes working with me and that I'm not at all mean. It might seem like a small thing but it cheered me up and it was right at the end of the day so I went home in a better mood.
                      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• My sibs and I exchange Christmas gift lists just to ensure people don't get "stuff" ...

This year, one of the items on nephew's gift list was "sports game" for computer.

Me: (#1 -- right after lists were sent out): "I'll likely get nephew 'sports game.'"

Me: (#2 -- a week or so later): "Will get nephew 'sports game.' Pretty sure they've got it at Big Box Store."

Today, from sister: "Just FYI: got nephew 'sports game.'"

F*ck you too, sis.
                        Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                        ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Quoth darkroxas45 View Post
                          Thank you severe social anxiety for costing me a job that I actually looked forward to going to and leaving me with a job I am starting to utterly loathe going into everyday. If you could kindly see yourself to the door and die, that would be appreciated.
                          I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope you can find another job that you like going to. Nothing like a loathsome job to wreck a person's incentive to do ... well, anything.

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                          Me: Come along, little spider. Honey, can you open the door so I can put this spider outside?

Husband: So it can run back inside the first chance it gets?

Me: It won't do that. Here you go, little guy. Go on, be free. No, not that direction. Not toward the house! The other way!
                          Nephew is like that. "Spiders are our FRIENDS." They have this gizmo that allows you to gently pick up a spider -- at arm's length -- and deposit it out the door. Brother was telling me once that nephew had scooped up a spider and was walking to the door with it ... and you could see the wheels turning in nephew's head: "It's winter out [in Saskatoon ...]! If I put it outside it'll DIE!!" So he opened the gizmo and the spider ran for cover under the sofa.
                          Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                          ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Adulthood:

"Look honey, I bought a stand that holds a toilet brush AND a plunger!"

"Wow!"

Comment

• I think regardless of season or species being dumped in Saskatoon is a vindictive punishment for anyone 😊

Comment

Meanwhile I'm leisurely eating a sandwich while I scrawl my story with a pen of all things. On paper.
                                OMG it's like typing but I can do it with ONE HAND and do other things with the other hand AT THE SAME TIME!!!!!11!

Comment

Working...
                                X