Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Because we totally put a card on your door to notify you about a dangerous gas leak

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A gas leak is an evacuate immediately event for good reason. They're not going to put a notice on your door for that.
    This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Quoth catcul View Post
      A gas leak is an evacuate immediately event
      I'll see your gas explosion and raise you a BLEVE.

I was 1.33 km (4,370.73 ft) from that when it went off. I knew some of the survivors.

Comment

A long time ago, in the land of Bloomington Calif, there was a gasoline/oil something with large tanks of oil...at least 16, that I remember. I was young back then. At that time, smelling a little gas from the whatever it was was normal. So, something happened and the people driving by would notice that the gas smell was strong, but dismiss it by blaming the wind.

Until the day that one of the tanks caught fire, then the fire spread to the other tanks. The heat was so intense that it melted the freeway a quarter mile away.

We lived almost 3 miles away and we could see the flames, feel the heat and smell the stink. Most exciting thing that happened in that podunk town until that time a plane crashed into the Swing Auditorium in Colton.
        Last edited by Slave to the Phone; 04-13-2019, 05:12 AM.

Comment

Quoth gerund View Post
          Here it is electricity suppliers. Our electricity used to be only supplied by the one state owned company who generated it. Now there are tens of (mostly) unregulated suppliers who claim huge discounts on an inflated price that overall works out more expensive.
          We have that here in Pennsylvania (US) as well. For decades, you were stuck with whatever electric cartel that served your area. It was about 25 years ago that you could choose your supplier here. While the power would still come through the current infrastructure, it would come from other sources. These sources are largely unregulated--and irritating as hell to deal with. I get multiple calls--at work and at home--wanting me to change providers, since the smaller ones are so much cheaper.
          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
          X