This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Methinks I need a secretary ...

Just got up a while ago to prepare to go to work -- 11:30 to 3:30.

For some reason I decided to double-check.

Um, it's NEXT Friday that I work that shift. My shift today is 4:30 to 8:30.

I either need a secretary or I need to learn how to read a calendar -- not to mention I need to remember what the fuck day it actually IS.

The joys of working retail ....
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Quoth Pixelated View Post
    ... The joys of getting older ....
    Fixed That For You
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I'd make some snarky comment back, but I can't remember why I'm supposed to be insulted ...
      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Mind you, he knows that from personal experience.
        Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
        Save the Ales!
        Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
          Mind you, he knows that from personal experience.
          Huh? Whut?
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

*peeks in* 'Who am I?' 'What am I doing here?' *Ah...it's the old un's thread... no need for me in here...just leave them wittering away about how much better it was when they were young...*

*I'm sure they'd try to poke me with their sticks,but one would topple out their chair trying to pick it up, one would hook the old dear next to them by mistake and another would be sitting there wondering what on Earth they'd picked up that stick for...*
            The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Here is how you outsmart old age.
              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                I feel very called out by this post
                This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
                  I either need a secretary or I need to learn how to read a calendar -- not to mention I need to remember what the fuck day it actually IS.
                  Do you have a smartphone? Use the calendar app to enter your shifts for the upcoming week, and set the reminder for the day before, the morning of the shift at the time you need to get up, and again enough time before your shift for you to get ready and get there.

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                  During the middle of the Brain Thing, that was me. I was in my early 30's. I never did get all of my short-term memory retention back, and still have to write down anything important since I am unable to remember verbal instructions for more than 30 seconds.

I can tell you that I have never been so glad that I have a smartphone with a calendar function, since it's always on while I'm awake and I never used to remember to check my little pocket diary.
                  "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Working...
                  X