This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update of sorts....

This is something of an update on Mommy Territory Manager, MTM, from this thread.

Our tax office was closed from April 15th to July 6th. The FO opened up for our last-minute steadies.
    D, the store manager gave me this gem about MTM from this story. I'm still trying to wrap my head around why the franchise owner kept MTM on in the first place There is speculation (innuendo?) that MTM has some dirt on FO. That could explain something.

This happened earlier this year (like January or February). Apparently MTM and some of her confederates (herein after the gang) at one of the offices in the City pulled a scam on a new custy. This was the lady's first return ever, so the gang considered her an easy mark. The custy had a child and income low enough; for the earned income tax credit.
    Well the gang did the custy's return and handed her an envelope with $1900 in cash, yes the mark was so unsophisticated as to suspect nothing...and the gang apparently figured that about her. The refund was for considerably more than that amount which the gang had loaded onto a pre-paid card our mega tax chain is cross-promoting with the bank. (D and I now refer to that as a T scam: as I quipped, she was the first to get busted doing it so T deserves the patent). The custy spoke with her mother about this. The mother called Corporate. Corporate referred them to out FO's base of operations. Well the FO looked up the custy's information and wrote her a check for the rest of the amount she was supposed to get.
    This was apparently the tip of the iceberg. There are others. FO has closed that office, lawyered up and is throwing the lot of them under the bus.
    I'm waiting to see if FO has his year end shindig (they are usually in May--still no announcement about that gathering as of this writing). D has me morbidly curious as to whether MTM will show up (after all, successful scammers have no shortage of audacity), and what will will happen next....and what other shenanigans has the gang pulled.
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

What an absolute mess.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
    X