Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No, we still aren't there yet, and won't be until you stop talking!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, we still aren't there yet, and won't be until you stop talking!

Me: So, I'm going to bring a form out for you to sign, go back to my desk and put in a request for emergency benefits. Your food stamps should load about an hour after that. OK?

SC: many questions about things that are out of my scope of duty or knowledge.

Me: googles available answers. So, anything else?

SC: So, my food stamps are on my card now?

Me: No, I have to bring you a form, you have to sign it and then I have to finish up your case and put in a request for emergency benefits. They should load about an hour later.

SC: many questions about things we have already covered.

Me: OK, so now I need to bring that form out to get things finished.

SC: So, my food stamps on my card now?

Me: No. They won't be until you sign the form so I can finish up and send the request up.

SC: Why haven't you done that yet?

Me: Because you haven't signed the form yet.

SC: I don't see any forms.

Me: That would be because I am at my desk talking to you on the phone, instead of bringing you the form.

SC: Why are you wasting so much of my time, just bring the form out and do your job.

Me: walks out and gets signature.

SC: So, now my food stamps are loaded, right?

Me: Check your card in about an hour, just in case the computers go down.

Me: goes back to my desk and eats way too much chocolate while scanning the form, finishing up and doing emergency request.

Thank goodness chocolate therapy is cheap.
    Don't waste time trying to convince someone that the sky is blue.

Comment

So did the card go through? Or was there some delay with SC throwing a fit?
      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I am seriously confused now, taxguykarl. I just reread my post and don't see anywhere that I implied that my customer was throwing a fit. She just would NOT stop talking. My post ended with me talking about finishing her case and sending up the request.

I did get an email about an hour later, saying that her benefits had loaded. I was in a different case so didn't bother to go and look, but I assume that all went well.

Comment

I'm guessing he meant this line
          SC: Why are you wasting so much of my time, just bring the form out and do your job.
          More just the custy being a dick, correct?
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Ah, yes, how dare you waste this twerp's time by answering all her questions. How unprofessional of you! Clearly you should have completely ignored her talking and gone to get the form right at the start, that couldn't possibly have had any negative consequences...

Ew, I used so much sarcasm that it's dripping.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
              More just the custy being a dick, correct?
              Now it makes a whole lot more sense, thank you!

Sadly, where I work, on a Throwing A Fit scale of 1 to 10, that was about a .5. Applying for government aid is a process and always takes longer than anyone wants. Snipping at us workers over how long it takes is a very common waste of time, considering that we are timed and really want you gone fast.

Due to the fact that we are timed, I know that my client's interview took an hour and 57 minutes. Except for the form, a few key strokes and an email, I was done at 43 minutes.

By an hour and half, I was seriously considering forging her signature just so I could be done telling her things I had told her less than an hour ago. At an hour and 45 minutes, I was eyeing the fire alarm and wondering if tissue would stop me from leaving fingerprints if I pulled it.

You guys should be proud of my restraint.

Comment

Working...
              X