This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• self important jerk

This customer emailed our general customer service group. Basically his email was regarding a previous conversation with our ceo. I have personally dealt with him when he had issues with his checking account. Oh, excuse me, the account that is under his wife's name but she won't talk to us at the bank and shouts her id information in the background. But i digress.

I replied to him that i have forwarded his email to senior management. He replied back almost immediately with the following (all grammar and punctuation as i received it):

"lachesis: appreciate the prompt response:
    Just an fyi: mr. Ceo called me himself on this matter, so, I am not just another one of those annoying e mails that are forwarded up the chain of command and mysteriously lost in the shuffle.
    Ceo will remember
    thanks
    customer"

I forwarded that one too. Whatever he is implying (and I have a pretty good idea) doesn't make him a special snowflake and I did my job and sent to the proper department. I think he needs to cool his jets. He is not as important as he thinks he is.

I am not just another one of those annoying e mails
    This is true. He is another annoying CUSTOMER, but he is not "an e mail".
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth lachesis View Post
      I think he needs to cool his jets. He is not as important as he thinks he is.

The ones who feel the need to namedrop are the ones that have the least right to, in my experience. When I worked in a doctor's office, one of the patients was an internationally famous musician. He was unfailingly polite, respectful, and patient. The guy who owned the local bookmakers' however...
      "Asking an Irish girl to tone it down a notch is about the same as asking a wolf to leave the sheep alone. Good luck with that. " - Jester, about me

Comment

Quoth Marlowe View Post
        The ones who feel the need to namedrop are the ones that have the least right to, in my experience.
        Yeppers. I have a feeling that the guy was simply trying to jump ahead of the queue, or to ensure that his "important problem" got taken care of. Sadly, this kind of crap goes on all the time.
        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

The pizza place near my brother's house is named something like "Don's Pizza" The owner's name is Joe. When we asked him about it, it was because he owned a place called "Joe's Pizza" and so many people used to come in demanding free stuff because they knew "Joe" even though they were talking to him. The whole thing is kinda an inside joke there, he named it Don's so when people come in saying, I know Don! He can say, "Who the hell is Don?"

Comment

Quoth Skarredmind View Post
            he named it Don's so when people come in saying, I know Don! He can say, "Who the hell is Don?"
            Oh, that tickles my evil little trolling sense of humour...

Comment

Working...
            X