Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sure, we'll just go to the secret Northeast Banana Orchard...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sure, we'll just go to the secret Northeast Banana Orchard...

I'm off today, but a CW just texted me this:

A customer wanted to know if we had local bananas.

...now I know it's been a bit tropical climate-wise as of late, but really?
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Yes'm, we got six foot, seven foot, eight foot bunch

Comment

Quoth Nashida View Post
      Too loud, man.
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post

When I worked in the Now-Defunct Tea Store, I once had a customer ask about Canadian tea ...

I know I am in southern Ontario, dear customer, but it is still NOWHERE near the climate that tea needs.
        Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
        ~ Mr Hero

Comment

I also get asked with some regularity where our Italian coffee beans (as in actually grown in Italy) are

There probably are some microclimates in the far south that may be able to support very small-scale grows, but...it wouldn't be worth the effort.
          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Yes, we have no bananas.
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Nashida View Post
              I love that song.
              "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Quoth Nashida View Post
                Quoth greek_jester View Post
                I love that song.
                They keep yelling my name...

I didn't do nuthin, Mom!

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
                  When I worked in the Now-Defunct Tea Store, I once had a customer ask about Canadian tea ...

I know I am in southern Ontario, dear customer, but it is still NOWHERE near the climate that tea needs.

In a way that makes sense. I drink plenty of 'English' and 'Irish' breakfast tea, but that is in the context of where the blend was first sold at, and not where it was grown.
                  Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

Quoth drunkenwildmage View Post
                    In a way that makes sense. I drink plenty of 'English' and 'Irish' breakfast tea, but that is in the context of where the blend was first sold at, and not where it was grown.
                    In the case of German Chocolate Cake, it was named after chocolate maker Samuel German from Texas. Chocolate isn't grown in the US or Germany.
                    This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post

But camellia, the tea bush is able t be grown in much of the US .... my grandmother even had a couple in her decorative formal garden. DOn't think she ever tried making tea leaves, but the process is not over difficult for green tea it is simply drying it, black tea takes some controlled fermentation.
                      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                        Yes, we have no bananas.
                        But the song already has a truck, how about something with Motherhood OR that country and western thing??? with wailing fiddles and a killer banjo part and the LA Memorial Choir
                        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                          ...with wailing fiddles and a killer banjo part and the LA Memorial Choir
                          Needs to be updated to todays pop sensibilities with some samples... accordions, bagpipes, tubas and a dozen of the hottest rappers...

Comment

Tropical climate, or Iceland

https://satwcomic.com/never-say-never
                            Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
                              But camellia, the tea bush is able t be grown in much of the US .... my grandmother even had a couple in her decorative formal garden. DOn't think she ever tried making tea leaves, but the process is not over difficult for green tea it is simply drying it, black tea takes some controlled fermentation.
                              Whereabouts in the U.S. did your grandmother live?

It would probably be possible to grow the plants in southern Ontario ... especially at the Windsor-Detroit border ... but I don't know if it would be possible to make a living at it.

Places like London, ON, are known to be in the "snow belt" ... not sure how that would work with the plants.
                              Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                              ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Working...
                              X