Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

REPORT BUGS HERE - New Server Edition (March 2016)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REPORT BUGS HERE - New Server Edition (March 2016)

Pedersen & Raps or PPE:

A number of folks on FB are reporting that this error has been popping up whenever they try to access the site:

"This is a SKILLZONE® Managed Website. The file or folder you were looking for was not found on this website."

Any ideas? Maybe just a DNS hiccup regarding the new server?

First messages in the FB group started about 40 minutes ago (10:05am US Central time or so)
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

It is - sadly - a DNS hiccup.
    My fault - I *should* have verified that what 123-reg.co.uk had for the DNS numbers was what they should actually be. Instead, when I told them to switch the DNS from the Linode servers to the 123-reg serverd, they defaulted the A records and the www pointers to their domain parking address... hence the Skillzone garbage

I've updated the www & 'A' records, but it will take a little while for the change to get to everyone.
    A less than auspicious start for me
    Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Comment

For what it's worth, my home machine has DNS resolving correctly to both CS.com & Fratching, so at least I know that things are pointed correctly now.
      Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Comment

This may or may not be related, but when I'm on the site with a mobile device (phone/tablet) I can access Fratching just fine. On a desktop, the link goes to szhosting.co.uk (blank page).
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Has that resolved itself, yet?
          If not, clear your browser's browsing history. The old info is likely still cached.
          Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Comment

Looks like that fixed it for me.
            Sometimes life is altered.
            Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
            Uneasy with confrontation.
            Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Fixed on my end...the odd thing is, it started after running CCleaner, and cleared up when I ran it again (yesterday afternoon sometime) Anyhoo, everything works now.
              "I am quite confident that I do exist."
              "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

I just got in an hour ago. Was getting the "new owner" message yesterday and a plain ol' 404 this morning ^_^
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                  I just got in an hour ago. Was getting the "new owner" message yesterday and a plain ol' 404 this morning ^_^
                  Woah, really??
                  Well, glad you made it!

Question: were you trying www.customerssuck.com, or customerssuck.com?

It wasn't set up to respond to attempts without the 'www.' until this morning when I was informed about it. I didn't even think about it until then.
                  Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Comment

I tried http://customerssuck.com/board/ and http://customerssuck.com --- Which explains it I've had it as my shortcut for so long, it didn't occur to me to try the www version~

Comment

I can’t seem to open the forum at all via Forum Runner since this swap.
                      My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Quoth Kheldarson View Post
                        I can’t seem to open the forum at all via Forum Runner since this swap.
                        I am having the same issue.
                        Please wait patiently I have enough sarcasm for everyone.

Comment

Raps or Pederson - any idea if the site key for ForumRunner is tied to the site's IP?
                          Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Comment

That's been a long time since I installed it. I'll have to have a look. Nudge me on email?

Rapscallion

Comment

I'm looking at the ForumRunner setup, and I see nothing tied to IP, anywhere.

For anyone having trouble with ForumRunner on your phone/mobile, are you able to view the site on the phone/mobile without ForumRunner?

Basically, I want to try to narrow the issue down to whether perhaps the phone/mobile is still looking to the old location, or if the issue is definitely with ForumRunner.

In FR's site statistics, it does show at least 7 accesses to the site via FR in the past two days, but I'm not sure what that constitutes.
                              Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Comment

Working...
                              X