This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any churchgoers here?

Unfortunately Britain has now gone into lockdown so all mass gatherings have been suspended for the time being-including church services.

As a result,our churches are trying to find different ways to expand out into the community and keep some sort of service going. One of the most obvious is online-we're being encouraging not just to meet up online,but to link up with other groups and churches.

The great benefit of online is that it doesn't matter where in the world you are, you can join in,so we're also encouraging churches that are in countries where they are still up and running to join together with churches in lockdown countries.

If your church is interested in hooking up with ours-we're very well housetrained and don't need much looking after-then let me know
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

We're not in lockdown yet, but our church has asked that we not come to the building as a precaution. They're working on getting a camera so they can broadcast services online.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

My church has cancelled all meetings worldwide. Certain organizational details are still being sorted out.
      "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Ours is small, about 40 adults, so no services nor get-togethers. Our sister churches are probably doing the same. In my state they don't want more than 10 people together. Anyway, someone is trying to help the rest of us set up something called Zoom.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
          Unfortunately Britain has now gone into lockdown so all mass gatherings have been suspended for the time being-including church services.

As a result,our churches are trying to find different ways to expand out into the community and keep some sort of service going. One of the most obvious is online-we're being encouraging not just to meet up online,but to link up with other groups and churches.

The great benefit of online is that it doesn't matter where in the world you are, you can join in,so we're also encouraging churches that are in countries where they are still up and running to join together with churches in lockdown countries.

If your church is interested in hooking up with ours-we're very well housetrained and don't need much looking after-then let me know
          I'm not a church-goer but what a lovely idea! I hope a lot of folks take your church up on this offer.
          Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
          ~ Mr Hero

Comment

There are some churches in the US that are still allowing LARGE gatherings, so stupid if you ask me. I'm sorry but going to church is NOT worth getting sick or passing the virus on to god knows how many other people. Be responsible people!
            https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
            Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Our is using youtube for services and zoom for small groups

Comment

Ours is doing a Facebook Live Mass

We're dirty Papists though, so not sure if you want to mix with the likes of us.
                https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Also remember, you don't have to go to church to worship...the church isn't the building anyhow

Comment

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
                    There are some churches in the US that are still allowing LARGE gatherings, so stupid if you ask me. I'm sorry but going to church is NOT worth getting sick or passing the virus on to god knows how many other people. Be responsible people!
                    I guess they didn't read the many scriptures about not being foolhardy.

Comment

NCIS4Ever2001, EXACTLY!!

Comment

There are multiple Bible verses that talk about how bad an idea it is to "tempt" God. In context, the words "test" or "try" could work, too.
                        "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

And Jesus had that conversation with His enemy directly.

I'm trying to give contribution to church online and my bank's website is being ridiculous. I could send a check to our secretary but I only have one counter check left. Will have to try later. My bank's website is problematic frequently.

Comment

Working...
                          X