X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth sportsmom View Post
    I'm up to four now, right, Jester?
    Um, no. You finally got six: James Blunt, Michael Vick, Angelina Jolie, Tilda Swinton, Clive Owen, and John Mayer.

However, I do need three additional picks from the following people:

Amethyst Hunter
    Geek King
    Kusanagi
    Lace Neil Singer
    MrsMarit
    Primer
    RedHeadPhoneGirl
    RedHeadPhoneGirl's boyfriend
    Saint
    ThePhoneGoddess

Additionally I still need one final pick from Trayol.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

• This thread is made of win! I have no particular reasons for my picks, but here you go:

1) David Tennant
      2) Rolf Harris
      3) Brent Spiner
      4) Florian Schneider
      5) Stephen Hawking
      6) Kate Mulgrew

Comment

• Thanks! I had too much stopping and starting and I couldn't keep track.

Comment

• Additional Picks

Here are my additional picks

Joe Jonas
          Selena Gomez
          Kim Kardashian

Comment

• Woo! Alex Rodriguez admits to steriod use!!!

Was I the first?

Comment

• I'm pretty sure I get points for Michael Phelps hitting the bong and Joaqin Phoenix going kooko.
              "This is the first time I've seen you look ugly, and that makes me happy!"

Comment

• Rush Limbaugh - That man is a hypocrite and spews out more shit than a bad septic tank. So it would be a matter of time before he does or says something stupid.

Michael Vick - We all know he's gonna get out of prison soon, but I'm betting that whatever terms and conditions he has upon release from the courts he'd violate. I'm also betting on if he'll be more broke than MC Hammer after he gets released and that the NFL decides to not take him back.
                Last edited by tropicsgoddess; 02-14-2009, 06:29 PM.
                I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

• I think I still need one person so I'll take...Tracy Morgan, former SNL star or Mayor Daley of Chicago, IL or Vince Vaughn.
                  "Oh, by the way..." All of my HATE

Ou kata nomon = Not according to the accepted norm

Comment

• Quoth JuniorMintz View Post
                    I'm pretty sure I get points for Michael Phelps hitting the bong and Joaqin Phoenix going kooko.
                    Well, you might, but, as the disclaimer in the first post says, points are awarded based on the whim discretion of the OP .
                    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

• Quoth Ree View Post
                      Well, you might, but, as the disclaimer in the first post says, points are awarded based on the whim discretion of the OP .

As long as we're talking points, whoever *did* pick Miley Cyrus should get points for the racist photos she took mocking Asians. I don't care if she's only 16, she's an ass.

Trayol- Dude, Tracy Morgan is an *awesome* pick! I've seen him live and it was crazy. He was amazingly drunk and it was just about the foulest show I've ever seen in my life. The whole town was furious, practically demanding his head on a pike. I was actually more entertained by all the bitching afterwards than the show itself!
                      Last edited by JuniorMintz; 02-15-2009, 07:18 AM.
                      "This is the first time I've seen you look ugly, and that makes me happy!"

Comment

• Quoth mrsmarit View Post
                        Here are my additional picks

Joe Jonas
                        Selena Gomez
                        Kim Kardashian
                        Noted.

By the way, I do have to warn people that any late picks anyone makes only qualify if the scandal they are involved with comes AFTER their pick. For example, if Kirsten Dunst (so far unselected in the Pool) goes off the deep end in March and runs naked through Beverly Hills gunning people down with a stolen AK-47, and THEN someone picks her....well, they won't get any credit for that pick. Just saying.

Quoth draftermatt View Post
                        Woo! Alex Rodriguez admits to steriod use!!!

Was I the first?
                        It is not really about being first, but about who gets the most. But no, you are not the first. That honor belongs to someone else. Possibly me, if the whole thing about Sarah Palin helping her daughter's boyfriend get a job beyond his qualifications pans out (and that is still murky). Then again, if it doesn't pan out, that dubious honor of being the first belongs to neither of us. See below.

Quoth JuniorMintz View Post
                        I'm pretty sure I get points for Michael Phelps hitting the bong and Joaqin Phoenix going kooko.
                        Depending on the whole Palin thing, the Phelps bong-gate could be the first CSP hit of the year.

As for Mr. Phoenix, I am not sure yet if that is really a scandal or just a celeb acting odd. I am sure there will be more developments on this soon.

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post

Rush Limbaugh

Michael Vick
                        Two things. 1. You can select up to six, not just two.

2. Neither of your selections is valid, as Mysty already selected Rush Limbaugh, and Sportsmom put Michael Vick on her roster.

Feel free to pick again.

Quoth Trayol View Post
                        I think I still need one person so I'll take...Tracy Morgan, former SNL star or Mayor Daley of Chicago, IL or Vince Vaughn.
                        All three are available. Which one would you like, sir?

Quoth JuniorMintz View Post
                        As long as we're talking points, whoever *did* pick Miley Cyrus should get points for the racist photos she took mocking Asians. I don't care if she's only 16, she's an ass.
                        That would be Lace Neil Singer. I am still not sure if this is going to qualify as a scandal. It certainly has potential.

You know what? Screw it. I am going to include Phoenix and Cyrus, because this whole game is about celebs acting stupid. And whether they are getting as much media attention as A-Rod or Phelps is besides the point. They pulled boneheaded moves. And this game would just be no fun if we started weighing one screwup against another subjectively, especially using just MY particular opinions on the matter.

That being said, so far the biggest scandals of the year involving anyone in the pool were with Phelps and A-Rod, because both scandals involved doing something so boneheadedly stupid as to potentially jeopardize their career and reputations. More so than the minor flareups with Cyrus and Phoenix. But of course, we have plenty of time left in 2009 for more famous people to do something amazingly stupid, illegal, or both.

(Keep in mind, my earlier comments on politicians like President Obama and Governor Schwarzenegger still apply, i.e., because they are bound by their very public nature to do something that annoys or angers people, scandals for politicians have to be at a bit of a higher threshold than for other celebrities. Merely saying something stupid won't qualify, or W. would have won this pool already for Crazylegs.)

So Draftermatt has one hit with A-Rod, JM has two with Phelps and Phoenix, and LNS has Hannah Montana bringing one home. Sadly for me, the Palin thing is still up in the air last time I checked, so she may or may not have pulled a boneheaded move.

So the above people have had their celebs working overtime for them. Have I missed anyone?

And more amusingly, who's next?
                        Last edited by Jester; 02-16-2009, 02:42 PM.

Still A Customer."

Comment

• oprah and dr phil
                          the pope
                          mmm
                          barak obama
                          I am not really important enough to have a funny quote yet.

Comment

• Oprah Winfrey was taken by Draftermatt.
                            Pope Benedict XVI was taken by Saint.
                            Barack Obama was taken by Crazylegs.

Dr. Phil, however, is quite available. I shall mark him for you. And you can still take five more celebs if you so wish.

Still A Customer."

Comment

• Anyone pick Manny Ramirez yet?

Bill Bellicheck?

Tom Brady?

Sean Avery?

The Jonas Brothers?

Jester?
                              "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

• Anybody pick Victoria Beckham, Kim Kardashian or Al Gore?

And does anybody read this blog?
                                What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

Comment

Working...
                                X