This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meat in a vegetarian dish?!

Last night, a Friday during Lent, I ordered an eggplant parm sub from a local pizza joint. The service was great, they had my food ready in 25 minutes even though it was Friday and they were busy, and the food tasted good,

Just one problem: 3/4 of the way through my sub, I suddenly realized they’d used meat sauce instead of plain marinara.

Eggplant parm is a vegetarian dish, and the menu makes no mention of meat sauce in the subs. I’ve never in my life, at any restaurant, been served meat sauce with chicken/veal/eggplant parm unless I asked for it.

I need to have a chat with their manager.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

It sounds like a training issue, like the story about someone who didn't realize that the orange coffee pot was reserved for decaf.

Comment

I only ever had the opposite problem. I ordered from a local Tex-Mex place awhile back, and they forgot to put the meat in my dish. And twice, I was given a hamburger without any meat -- basically a ketchup sandwich. The one time I was dining in, so I was able to go to back to the counter and get it fixed. The other time, I had gone through the drive-thru and as they said in Lethal Weapon 2, they fuck you at the drive-through! They know you're going to be miles away before you realize you got fucked! Oops, I mean... I got two hamburgers that time and the first one was fine. I was a good ways down the road before I took a bite of the second one, and didn't feel like going back at that point.
      Sometimes life is altered.
      Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
      Uneasy with confrontation.
      Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Hubs bought a chicken roll at the butcher counter. It was supposed to be filled with cheddar and broccoli. When we cut into it, we found spinach and mushrooms. It was still good and we don't have any food allergies, so no reason to kick up a fuss over it, but we will try to remember to tell the butcher when we are there next.

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
          I’ve never in my life, at any restaurant, been served meat sauce with chicken/veal/eggplant parm unless I asked for it.
          Likewise. I really don't see the need to use meat sauce on a ___ parm-type dish, either.
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
          X