X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No PMs and no avatar

Hello!

I have been trying to send a couple of PMs out and for some reason the system says I haven't sent any. Are PMs still usable or were they disabled?

Also, I can't add an avatar to my profile. Is there a post limit I have to hit before I can add an avatar?

Thank you for your help in advance!

Yes, but you should be able to by now. We'll take a look.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I don't see any problems with the permissions. What happens when you try to send a PM? Or add an avatar? Do you get a "No permission" message, or does something else happen?

I noticed you have a profile pic. If you're able to have that, you should be able to have an avatar as well.
      Sometimes life is altered.
      Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
      Uneasy with confrontation.
      Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

When I send a PM absolutely nothing happens. It disappears like I sent it, but then I can't read what I sent in the sent box. I just received a PM back from someone I was trying to message so I guess they are going through, I just wish I could see sent messages.

The avatar thing keeps saying I have the wrong file ending, I'm going to try and convert the picture into every known image file type there is and try them one by one and see what works. Previously I've gotten errors that say the image is too small and too large.

Comment

Looks like you got the avatar working, at least. The limit is 100x100, with a fairly small size in KB, os I just shrink mine to that size whenever I update it.

The "sent items" thing does sound odd. It should be selectable from the dropdown and ...wait a second. Scroll down below the Reply box. Make sure that "Save a copy..." is checked.
          Last edited by EricKei; 05-12-2017, 04:58 PM.
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
            Make sure that "Save a copy..." is checked.
            Ah. I was using the quick reply function, not the advanced. Ok, thanks, I think that solves all of my problems!

Comment

Glad we could help!

Comment

Working...
              X