No announcement yet.

Random Sucky Neighbor Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tc, is there any kind of housing authority you can call? It can't be legal for management to allow this to keep going on. It's a health hazard.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Hey neighbors, tell your kids to stop leaving fun-sized candy and caramel wrappers scattered all over the hallways and stairwells.

Comment

• Quoth Food Lady View Post
        tc, is there any kind of housing authority you can call? It can't be legal for management to allow this to keep going on. It's a health hazard.
        They finally got it fixed, and the dripping has stopped. The wet spot in the carpet has been dried and treated so we shouldn't get mold. Now we're waiting to have the hole in our ceiling that was opened to let it dry out to be patched, and the equipment picked up. One huge heavy duty fan and heavy duty dehumidifier.
        https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
        Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

• I've found out what kind of neighbors replaced the good one: people who pound on furniture or the floor at 4:00 am. If they are just moving in now, like now in the middle of the night, I'm ticked. They just woke me out of a dead sleep.

Comment

• I just reported black mold around my bathtub. The maintenance folks covered it over with caulk. Again...

Comment

• Not really a sucky neighbor problem, 'tho.

Comment

• Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
                Not really a sucky neighbor problem, 'tho.
                Yeah, but this was the closest fit I could find.

Comment

• My upstairs neighbors are bowling again . . .

Comment

• To the dickbag who complained about my garbage cans being outside--seriously? They've been either side of the driveway since I moved in, 13 years ago. What was the sudden problem that arose from them being there? Also, was it really necessary to have the borough send me (and the guy next door--who had been keeping his garbage cans in his driveway for the past 30 years) letters about them? I think the borough has bigger problems, like the crumbling main roads, the damaged signs near the cloverleaf (and the graffiti on the overpass there), than where we choose to put things.
                    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

• Quoth protege View Post
                      To the dickbag who complained about my garbage cans being outside--seriously? They've been either side of the driveway since I moved in, 13 years ago. What was the sudden problem that arose from them being there? Also, was it really necessary to have the borough send me (and the guy next door--who had been keeping his garbage cans in his driveway for the past 30 years) letters about them? I think the borough has bigger problems, like the crumbling main roads, the damaged signs near the cloverleaf (and the graffiti on the overpass there), than where we choose to put things.
                      Yeah I understand. About 6 years ago my city gave all the homeowners nice new 90 gallon trash and recycle plastic bins for easy curb side pickup with a machine truck BUT made some really unusual "rules" about where you could store them. Several people on the Neighborhood website started to complain they were getting warning notices about their bins. Even an Alderman complained that "we spent all that money on these nice and pretty bin and now my constiuants are threatened with fines because they are still partially visible from the street???"

There was one year I kept them next to my porch for easy access when it snowed so I did not have to drag them from mostly in my back yard thru piles of snow drifts. Yup got a notice and ignored it. No action taken.
                      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

• You've spent every summer for the last 3 years picking lice out of her hair outside. If you haven't got rid of it by now you need stronger measures. I hate to think of anyone renting after you. I'm currently shopping for a privacy screen for the porch so I don't have to look at that.

Comment

You've spent every summer for the last 3 years picking lice out of her hair outside. If you haven't got rid of it by now you need stronger measures. I hate to think of anyone renting after you. I'm currently shopping for a privacy screen for the porch so I don't have to look at that.
                          Holy crap, that is DISGUSTING.

Had a minor annoyance earlier today. I live in an apartment building but don't yet have a parking space in its parking lot (there is an above-ground lot and an underground lot, but even with those two they don't have one spot per unit. Not surprising as it's a building full of seniors and many no longer drive, but it does create a waiting list).

So I bought a tag and I park on the street. No big deal, really.

Today I pulled into a spot and suddenly there's a car behind me.

Driver: "Excuse me? Could you pull ahead a bit so I can get in there?"

Now, there was a spot RIGHT BEHIND ME where she could have parked. I was annoyed enough to pull out of the spot I was in and pull into that spot instead.

The spot I took was between two driveways, and I don't know why she didn't want that ... the nice thing about that type of parking spot is nobody can box you in, at least not without blocking somebody's driveway and getting them REALLY riled.

The spot she wanted was pretty much in front of her house. Heaven forbid she have to walk a few extra steps. I spent some time hoping somebody parks behind me and renders her immobile for the next 24 hours.

And yep, the spot I took was further away from my building. But at my age I can use the exercise ...
                          Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                          ~ Mr Hero

Comment

You've spent every summer for the last 3 years picking lice out of her hair outside. If you haven't got rid of it by now you need stronger measures. I hate to think of anyone renting after you. I'm currently shopping for a privacy screen for the porch so I don't have to look at that.
                            If they've got younger siblings, chances are they may have picked it up from them (yeah...I went through this quite a bit growing up with my sister). The only thing that killed the fuckers for good was the both of us dying our hair of all things.

Comment

• Quoth dalesys View Post
                              ... Tiny Dick Syndrome ... Common in people who drive gihugeous loud trucks and spurts cars that are prick parked so nobody gets near them.
                              My son calls them +5 Trucks of Penile Compensation (He's 17)
                              My son thinks I'm Lucifer Morningstar. I'm not sure he's wrong.

Comment

• Quoth YamiNoHime View Post
                                My son calls them +5 Trucks of Penile Compensation (He's 17)
                                Sounds like you're raising him right!
                                "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Working...
                                X