This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A quick, strange sighting at the Chinese buffet

Tonight, my boyfriend and I, and one of our friends, decided to celebrate the end of yet another successful workout by negating the whole thing with a big dinner. To that end we went to what is easily the most popular Chinese buffet in town, where we witnessed the following.

We were seated at our table, and could see the buffet from there. We watched a man pick up a plate, mosey along while checking out the selections, then quite deliberately whack the plate on the counter hard enough to break off a chip. Unfazed, he then piled it high and moseyed on his merry way.

We stared. The waitstaff stared, then fetched a broom to sweep up the bit of broken plate.

Wth?
    Drive it like it's a county car.

What? I don't even.... I really, really hate passive aggression.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Maybe they were out of shrimp toast.
      "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

I can't even begin to fathom why someone would do that.
        Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Maybe they thought it was a Greek buffet and it was custom to smash a plate?

(NOTE: I am not Greek)
          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Huh? Wha? o-O

I really hope they added a charge for damaging the plate to his bill...
            "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

I would not be surprised if he tried to get something taken off his bill because ofnthe 'broken plates'

Realisticly, he should have been thrown out atnthe momen of plate breaking. With the local PD providing encoragement if needed.
              Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
                Maybe they were out of shrimp toast.
                Crab legs. Aren't those what all the Chinese buffet food hoarders go after?

Quoth fireheart View Post
                Maybe they thought it was a Greek buffet and it was custom to smash a plate?

(NOTE: I am not Greek)
                Opa!
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Last buffet I went to we got kicked out... Bf likes sushi a bit too much. >_>

Been a while... Maybe we can get in and they won't recognize 6'6" guy that shaved his dreads? XD

Comment

A friend of mine and I used to always use working out as an excuse to go eat Chinese food.
                    "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                      Opa!
                      The owner of the Bacchanal restaurant in Phoenix always joked that "Opa!" was Greek for, "oh shit, the cheese is on fire!"
                      Quoth Shangri-laschild View Post
                      A friend of mine and I used to always use working out as an excuse to go eat Chinese food.
                      I don't need any excuse but "I'm hungry!" to go eat Chinese food.
                      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                      My LiveJournal
                      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth HiddenMica View Post
                        Last buffet I went to we got kicked out... Bf likes sushi a bit too much. >_>
                        You here four hour...you go home now!

Comment

Working...
                        X