Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to my world as a pizza delivery driver where I have to be out in the FREEEEZZZIIINNNNGGGG bone numbing cold all night long.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Schools and post office were closed here yesterday 'cause of the cold.

It's supposed to be 50 degrees tomorrow.

I'm so confused.

Comment

Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
        You are a very bad person who will come to an evil end!
        What, am I gonna wind up as a moderator on a mes-....

...Carry on.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I saw a post yesterday on Reddit that I can’t find now.

SC bought something and paid for two-day delivery. However, USPS isn’t delivering due to weather. I can’t remember if the SC was calling USPS or the vendor, but SC was demanding that the package be delivered no matter what. I paid extra and I want my package!!!! You will deliver it to me tomorrow!!!

Comment

Last night we got a few inches of snow but it's going to be in the upper 30's and Monday close to 60.
            I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

That's going to be hell with people's sinuses. A 100 degree jump in just a few days, if you take the wind chill into account
              My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                I started my day with -23 F. I admit I told a couple customers in warmer climates to stay warm as a joke. Coworker was happy when it warmed up to 3 F.
                *snicker* There is a small in joke between my husband and I referring to sub zero C temps raising a degree or two as becoming 'positively tropical' because of a pair of books by Alan Dean Foster - IceRigger and Deluge Drivers, set on an ice planet where if it does get above the temp of water freezing it is a heat wave. One of the characters makes the comment that it is getting positively tropical when they come across actual liquid water puddles.

We had our pipes freeze briefly the first time it got down to 0F, we are currently living in our barn, and the only real heat is upstairs and on the middle floor in the bathroom, and one normally adequate heater in the semi-underground 'basement' where the pump controller, water tank and water heater are. [3 level barn, the 'basement' is half underground and has 2 1 car garage doors] Rob simply lugged a couple of kerosun liquid fuel heaters down and lit them to thaw them out. The cute little 'keep the water running at a trickle' doesn't work when you have a pump and well system, you burn out pumps that way. ]
                EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

IceRigger and Deluge Drivers, set on an ice planet where if it does get above the temp of water freezing it is a heat wave. One of the characters makes the comment that it is getting positively tropical when they come across actual liquid water puddles.
                  Somewhere I have a clipping from a Scottish newspaper, circa 1965. The headline is “Heat wave continues. Will be over 68 again today.” (That’s 20C)

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                    Welcome to my world as a pizza delivery driver where I have to be out in the FREEEEZZZIIINNNNGGGG bone numbing cold all night long.
                    That earns you at least a $10 tip from me, assuming I'd feel OK about making you come out in the cold because I'm too lazy to make food.
                    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

My children had 3 days off, school only open Monday and Friday. The local hospital had to reschedule non urgent surgery due to a burst pipe. It was really cold in the Midwest USA.

Comment

Luckily my neck of the continent dodged the worst of the vortex this time. We had maybe one day somewhat chillier than normal, but not enough to really do anything.

In any case, whenever these cold snaps happen, I remember this skit to try and keep warm from grinning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkDvqQKGgDA

Comment

The crazy thing is that only in the last two years do I remember entire weeks of single-digit or below-freezing temperatures. Maybe my memory is shot.
                          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
                          X