Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sightings

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 02:41 PM
Store Manager

Quote:
Quoth ADeMartino View Post
I'm guessing you went to a hardware chain store whose name sounds remarkably like BLOWS.

I don't know if it's like this all over, but in my area, the hardware stores by that name have dismal customer service anymore. If half the stories I've heard about this company are true, I'm not surprised the employees don't care.
Are you referring to the big box store, that's a combination building supply/hardware/appliance/etc. store? I've always had excellent service at my local one. I guess they vary by location.

Old 04-25-2012, 03:15 PM
Store Manager

The Crappy Car Part store is notorious for bad service (almost as bad as the Department Store soon to become a Big Red Bullseye); but you do sometimes find a few gems in there. Personally, considering they were a car parts store first that's expanded to housewares and sporting goods, I'd hit the actual hardware and/or building supplies stores first before going to them unless I knew exactly what I needed.

Of course my family has a history with Crappy Currency store, since my dad was an automotive manager at one for years long ago; and my sister is now a manager at another one. (The stories she tells sometimes, about both her customers and her employees; generally she is one of the Good Ones though).

Old 04-25-2012, 03:38 PM
Store Manager

Quote:
Quoth Sparky View Post
Are you referring to the big box store, that's a combination building supply/hardware/appliance/etc. store? I've always had excellent service at my local one. I guess they vary by location.
That's the one. Maybe it's just the ones near me, I don't know, but I avoid them now like the plague. The last few times I was in there, you couldn't find an employee ANYWHERE. It was like they'd all gone to break at the same time.

My very last visit was a 20-minute waiting game. I had questions and looked high and low for someone, ANYONE, to ask. Finally had to go to the service desk, who paged someone from the department I was in. No response. I asked them to page again. Nothing. A third page eventually produced quite possibly the least-helpful person in existence. This fellow clearly didn't want to be there at all.

I later found out from somebody who had recently worked for them that the company is pursuing a 'absolute rock-bottom staffing' policy, requiring that some employees are covering two or even three departments ALONE. I'm told the pay stinks and the turnover rate rivals that of fast-food joints. There are other stories and so forth I've heard.

Old 04-26-2012, 07:17 PM
Assistant Manager

Quote:
...the company is pursuing a 'absolute rock-bottom staffing' policy, requiring that some employees are covering two or even three departments ALONE. I'm told the pay stinks and the turnover rate rivals that of fast-food joints.
Wow, kind of sounds like where I work

Old 04-27-2012, 03:51 AM
Noli nothis permittere te tere

Quote:
I later found out from somebody who had recently worked for them that the company is pursuing a 'absolute rock-bottom staffing' policy, requiring that some employees are covering two or even three departments ALONE. I'm told the pay stinks and the turnover rate rivals that of fast-food joints. There are other stories and so forth I've heard.
It didn't seem to be the case at my store, there were four employees at the front when I walked in and in my walk around trying to find my item I saw another 5 or so people. My old store is about the same size and we only had 5 people working that day total.

It seems to be a much more hands off style of customers service, more of a "I wait until you ask me for help" rather than a "can I help you with anything?" style.

Old 04-27-2012, 04:47 AM
Store Manager

Quote:
Quoth Kiwi View Post
It didn't seem to be the case at my store, there were four employees at the front when I walked in and in my walk around trying to find my item I saw another 5 or so people. My old store is about the same size and we only had 5 people working that day total.

It seems to be a much more hands off style of customers service, more of a "I wait until you ask me for help" rather than a "can I help you with anything?" style.
Clearly, I need to move where YOU are. It practically takes an act of Congress to get any help at the ones in my area.
Closed Thread