Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sucky Customers

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 11:20 AM
Cashier

Quote:
Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
I'd expect a Canadian card to follow US dating conventions... I wonder why they use Japanese dating order on that one?
Why would Canada use U.S. standards? Last I checked, they were a country

If they (=Canada) follow ISO 8601, technically the U.S. date is backwards :P

In short, ISO 8601 standard is that you write first the largest temporal term (YYYY), then the next-largest (MM) and lastly the smallest (DD).

This ends up looking like 2012-4-27.

Compared to the U.S. dating of e.g. 4/27/2012, I find the ISO one more logical...but there's even the way my country does it, which is basically the ISO-standard backwards, like so: 27.4.2012

It's all fine and dandy when you have a date that can't be anything else but one thing...but how about 2012-5-3 ? :P

Sorry about the rant, I'm all pro-ISO-standardisation...especially when it's about dates.

Old 04-27-2012, 08:06 PM
Hello there.

Quote:
Quoth Anakah View Post
It's hard to stay in mode all the time. Sometimes real emotions cross my face. Oh well.
I apparently did something like that once with some of my friends -- One of them literally stopped halfway thru a "yo mama" joke aimed in my direction (I'm defensive that way), as I had apparently, unconsciously, adopted a look that he read as "I will feed you to a rabid wolverine if you finish that sentence"

Zen - I was under the impression that the US is the *only* country that uses MMDDYYYY order. I *live* in the US, and I tend to use DDMMYYYY more often than not, myself, especially when writing the name of the month out.

Old 04-30-2012, 08:36 AM
Cashier

DDMMYYYY is normal 'round my parts, but I've been trying to "make myself" use the internation standard..because I don't have anything better to do :P

I've never had one of those moments where I've let my emotions flash on my face...I've got a poker-face. Except when I'm playing poker, my dad can beat me any time of the day. :P
Closed Thread