Go Back   Customers Suck! > Community > Forum games

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 07:00 AM
Substitute Teacher FTW

Um...make shit up as you go. Kinda.

It's more take the standard that's been given (see Jay's examples), determine what kind of character you'd like to play, and make the two mesh.

Old 04-28-2012, 12:08 PM
Newly Minted Teacher

Aye, more or less its make up a character with some neat abilities, just make sure they have some draw back and or aren't unbeatably powerful. Or if you have some highly powerful abilities build in some sort of weakness or flaw to the character.

The basic idea is to be more than mortal and less (probably much less) than godly.

Old 04-29-2012, 01:54 AM
Pedestrian of the Apocalypse

Quote:
Quoth Kristev View Post
What are the precise rules? What are the traits? I'm interested in playing.
Quote:
Quoth Kheldarson View Post
Um...make shit up as you go. Kinda.

It's more take the standard that's been given (see Jay's examples), determine what kind of character you'd like to play, and make the two mesh.
Quote:
Quoth Chanlin View Post
The basic idea is to be more than mortal and less (probably much less) than godly.
Pretty much what they said. While I'm taking major cues from the "Scion" game, we're not going to bog ourselves down too much with dice rolling and whatnot.

It's true also that the children of the gods are meant to be more mortal than godly, but I do think we can expand on that later when the story progresses.

There are only four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Old 04-29-2012, 07:25 PM
Has had too many jobs

Name: Lupo Virtus (AKA - Mike 'The Wolf' Hammer (stage name))
Heritage: Mars, Roman Pantheon, War
Divine Abilities:

Focus -- Simple gold chain worn around the neck.

Combat Mimicry - Any fighting move/style he sees even once, he can copy perfectly. No matter how good his enemy he only has to fight them once to be as good as they are.
Inner Focus - Not only allows him to fight in any possible condition (total darkness, blinding snow, etc), but he can block out all distractions.
Uncanny Dodge - He can avoid most hits, flying objects, etc..if it is possible for them to be dodged. Something like a bullet would be far to fast for him to dodge for example.

Divine Attributes:

Balanced - While he is not the strongest, fastest, most agile..he has a perfect balance of all three. He would not win the title of 'the worlds strongest man', but his strength is far above the average person for example.
Presence - He has a presence that commands respect. He is not very charismatic, so people do not necessarily LIKE him, but he is hard to ignore. Of course..this can be a BAD thing too.

Description:
Half African American, Half Latino. Dark hair 'buzz cut'. ((If you've seen 'power man' on the new Ultimate Spider Man..something like that)).

Backstory:
Lupo has known since birth about his divine heritage. Though he lost both of his parents at 18, by then he had already made a name in the boxing ring. After a couple years of going undefeated..he started to look for bigger challenges. Out of the ring, he is as gentle as a kitten, but once in a fight..he can be totally and utterly ruthless. He has to win..sometimes at all costs. He gets 'visits' from his father from time to time, in his dreams, and it drives him to be the BEST in the world.

Flaws: Every one of his abilities and attributes have their own inherent flaws. He has to be able to see a move in order to be able to do it..so even though he can fight blind..if he is blind he can not learn his enemies moves. Also, he can become so focused on an enemy that other dangers (other enemies, flying obstacles, etc) fade to the background and can completely surprise him. Also..if the combat maneuver is ranged..though he can learn it..it does him no good..he is a melee fighter through and through. While he can dodge things (if his inner focus has not blinded him to them) he can only do so if it is humanly possible to do so. No matrix like dodging bullets or such. Though he is stronger, faster, more agile then the average person .. it is not to demigod status. The son of Hercules, for example would be much stronger. The son of Hermes much faster..and so on. As for Presence..stealth is NOT his thing.

Goal: As stated ... he is driven to become the best fighter in the world.

Last edited by Mytical; 04-29-2012 at 07:46 PM.

Old 04-30-2012, 01:25 PM

So, looking at it thus far we have:

- "E.J." Emmit Jager - son of Ma'at - P.I. and Defender of Truth and Justice, and The American Way
- Deann Hunt - daughter of Artemis - Zookeeper and Proud Daughter
- Lupo Virtus - son of Mars - MMA Expert and Looking For A Good Fight

I'd ideally like at least one more PC before we get started. So if someone's looking on and sitting on the fence, jump in!

Old 04-30-2012, 05:53 PM
Has had too many jobs

Heh I half expected to get a hard time with the name. After all, it is a very weird name. Formed from the Wikipedia page after reading up on Mars.

Old 04-30-2012, 06:22 PM
night stock bitch

I wanna do this but I probably won't be able to post my character till Wednesday (3 10 hour shifts in a row).

Old 04-30-2012, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Quoth Mytical View Post
Heh I half expected to get a hard time with the name. After all, it is a very weird name. Formed from the Wikipedia page after reading up on Mars.
No worries. I thought the name worked fine.

I'm working on rolling up "opposite numbers" for the villain team. Probably gonna go for a Five Bad Band kind of arrangement. Not that I want the good guys to adhere to a Five Man Band arrangement, necessarily, just explaining my thinking.

Dragon_wings, that's cool. As with anything like this on the internet, Rule One is ALWAYS "Real Life Comes First." Post up a character when you have the time.

Old 05-01-2012, 06:17 PM
Magical Talking Ponies

My internet has been out (also why there have been no Foundation replies) and Mytical grabbed the fighty guy role before me!

Well anyway, throwing out my basic idea for now. Today's a bit busy, so I'll get the details sorted out later.

He's the child of Lugh, the Celtic god of light, and his family have seen several such scions through the ages. In fact, they're quite proud of their status (though know to keep it hidden for their own safety), and it's (internally) well-known family lore that they're direct descendants of Cuchulain. His primary ability is ancestral combat memory, a trait possessed by every scion throughout his family line. With it, combat skill is inherited, and builds over time (think Mat Cauthon from The Wheel of Time). As such, the older the weapon, the better he can use it.

More info once I get some things taken care of.

Old 05-01-2012, 06:18 PM
I throw rocks at the sun

sounds like a lot of fun

My blog Darkwynd's Musings
Closed Thread