Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sightings

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 12:00 AM
Area Manager

Oh, heck, yes! Go find another dentist NOW and have them also write up a list of what they find wrong to back your claims.

My only complaint is that my current dentist is a fellow migraine sufferer, so it would have taken a week longer for me to get my perm crown in. Well, who knew that acrylics don't hold up well? Bit down and crack... They squeezed me in the next day, so I could have the crown put on. She's also caught a thin filling from a previous dentist, not to mention that her hygienist is great at catching other issues and offering suggestions.

Old 05-07-2012, 11:21 AM
Store Manager

Quote:
Quoth scruff View Post
I happily now refuse to go to a dentist unless my teeth hurt (although I do try to look after them and use mouthwash etc)
I've been dragged to the dentist about 5 times in my entire life. All my friends/in laws etc do everything right and eat the right things and visit every 6 months and have tons of fillings and work done.

My mother had a problem with a root canal when she was young and wouldn't put me through that. So she never took me. Everytime I get dragged in (due to change in school, hubby etc) the only thing they can come up with is that since I never had braces as a kid my teeth aren't cosmetically straight. And yet I do all of the unadvised things, eat the wrong stuff, don't floss etc.

The only thing that mucks up my teeth is a cleaning because afterwards they take about 6 weeks to stop hurting. Oh, and my wisdom teeth although when they are through its find again - its just when they are trying to rearrange the gum line a little as they grow.

Old 05-10-2012, 07:28 AM
Just Fire Me Already

You HAVE to report this dentist after leaving him. As far as I know, if he maxes out the amount of dollars that you're covered for (with his bogus procedures and charges) you might not be covered for the rest of the year if you have another dental emergency....

Old 05-10-2012, 03:25 PM
thirsty for chicken

Sounds like you visited Al Bundy's dentist. "Now, make sure you take a picture of the head so they know it's a human mouth."

I would find a new one. My dentist isn't the best, but he works with you and is very accomodating with any problems one might have. They have a machine in office that water-engraves crowns and such, and it takes about 15 minutes per cap/crown to get the whole thing done. (I had to sit in there with the machine once.) They even have a special computer program that tells the machine what to do. It's pretty neat.

As far as the insurance, it couldn't hurt to give a heads up to the company you have insurance through about your concerns. It's possible they might be able to investigate further or even double check your charts for their records, based on your suspicions and reported experience.

On a side note, I had every single tooth in my mouth pulled in March. I was throwing up for three days, too, because of the pain and not being able to eat properly, and the dentist informed me that sometimes people have a bad reaction to the taste of blood in their mouth after dental work. Hope you feel better.
Closed Thread