Go Back   Customers Suck! > Community > Off Topic > Life Advice

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 12:00 AM
Paid Pill Pusher

I kind of think a lot of it has to do with how she keeps her apartment. When she was in her old house (got taken by the bank), she didn't smoke in it and the cat and dog had their own room. That particular room stank to high heavens but it didn't permeate the whole house. At the new apartment, she smokes in it a lot and the 'kids' are in the laundry room, which isn't ventilated that well, and it's only a very small, one bedroom apartment. I don't visit her or stay overnights anymore, not only because of other issues, but I can't take the smell. You walk in and it's like cat box hell. Her husband apparently is expected to change it before he leaves for work at night, but most of the time he doesn't, and she doesn't change or clean it when she comes home at night, either. I think between that and the smoke it's just soaked into her clothes and everything else. I don't even want to think about what is causing the fishy smell.

Old 05-10-2012, 11:44 PM
Assistant Manager

Ewwwwww. Definitely talk to your boss, I would think that as a pharmacy your workplace has a policy on hygiene and/or appearance that basically says you have to present yourself as being clean and she doesn't seem to be meeting basic personal hygiene standards.

Old 05-11-2012, 04:33 AM
Paid Pill Pusher

I think boss may be getting pissed off for reasons from the other thread in COC. She called in again on Wednesday, claiming she had food poisoning. But the day before, she was being audibly gloomy about the fact that her husband would probably still be home when she got home because they don't have enough money to put gas in the truck and get him to work. No one went digging in their wallets for her this time, either. Also she waited until 20 minutes before shift started to ask both me and another coworker for a ride to work, knowing that both of us live at least 20 minutes away ourselves, even though she knew the day before that all three of us had the same shift. I flat out said no and other coworker didn't even answer the phone because she didn't hear it ringing.

Wednesday night both me and the one tech who got stuck working by himself were there with the pharmacy manager, who was the pharmacist on duty for that shift, and he was on the phone with the manager from another store, making sure she knew that he'd been given the go-ahead from the wellness manager to take one of her technicians and transfer her permanently to this store. This particular tech has floated with us before and is pretty nice. With Student tech also back for the summer, we'll have LOTS of help and hopefully the call ins won't hurt us as much now. But I've never seen boss take this kind of initiative hiring or transferring someone before since he drags his feet about everything, usually. He may have finally taken the proverbial straw on the camel's back.