Go Back   Customers Suck! > Site News > Site News

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 01:16 PM
Lunatic posing as normal!

Quote:
Quoth Rapscallion View Post
the concept of such a section was tempting, but how long before it got really nasty and violent?
I had thought a Joke forum on fratching might be good, just because, while we don't get a lot of jokes we can't approve, there is the odd one.
Sometimes, they're pretty darn funny, but we just know, if we allow them, then they open a can of worms that we don't really want to deal with.

I had thought a good solution was to allow those controversial jokes on fratching.

The only problem with a joke forum there is that it is a debating site, and a forum of jokes doesn't really mesh well with the overall tone.

Do you really want to post what you consider a real kneeslapper, and then have to be prepared to explain or defend the joke you posted?
There is that potential.

The thought kind of takes the fun out of it.

Old 02-17-2015, 03:36 AM
Long live Gaz

We have had some things crop up lately with regards to politics, so it seems a reminder is in order. When we say "no politics-related posts," we mean exactly that. It doesn't matter if it's a joke (though some may be allowable if you ask us first), or an anecdote that happens to include a politician (no matter how generic), they're off the table. Not so much because of the posts themselves -- I have very seldom seen a post which outright favors or decries a given party at the start of a chain of posts -- but because experience has shown us that, sooner or later, someone WILL latch on to the subject matter and take it places the prior poster(s) never intended.

Natch, we've also been getting comments along the lines of "I've seen a number of other political posts here that are left alone" -- Well, as always, we can't see everything that that happens on this board. If you see such a post, please report it, and refrain from commenting upon it in any way.

Better yet, report it and just don't post in that thread at all. Posts that "feed off of" an offending post will be render the poster subject to warnings/infractions: for Fratching, and failure to report such a post/responding to it instead -- which is really just fanning the flames, and is just as bad as the initial Fratch, if not worse.

When in doubt, just walk away from the thread. Nothing good can come of egging such things on.

As always, if you're not sure that material you intend to post might be skirting the line, PM a mod with the contents of what you plan to post, WITHOUT actually posting it. A lost of online users is at the bottom of the screen on the main page (with mods in BOLD), or just PM it to Rapscallion (no matter who gets it, we'll discuss it amongst all the mods). We'll discuss it, and let you know as soon as we can. You will never get into trouble for asking prior to posting! You can get into trouble for posting, then going back and asking (this will likely get your post Unapproved/hidden while we discuss it anyway).
"I don’t know what English did to you or your family, but I cannot in good conscience sit here and watch you do this to it. You sir, are a monster." ~ Gravekeeper

"Don't weep for the stupid; you'll be crying all day!" - Fr. Anderson, Hellsing Ultimate: Abridged
"I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain it to you any further." – anon

Last edited by EricKei; 03-10-2015 at 12:47 AM. Reason: added clarification
Closed Thread