Go Back   Customers Suck! > Site News > Site News

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2017, 09:11 PM
Front End Supervisor

Quote:
Quoth EricKei View Post
Ugh. Were you able to capture any video/a screenshot or any other info to help tack it down? ^_^;>

https://www.safer-networking.org/
I have been looking for it but have not seen it however my work does block a lot of things anyways, at home if I happen to get on I use my iphone so I don't get ads the pop up most of the time I will still keep an eye out for u if I get on my desk top I will look out for it as well but since my husband is a computer tech by trade it may be blocked on my end as well at home.

Old 04-06-2017, 01:45 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Quoth Crossbow View Post
If anyone gets an autoplay video ad that keeps grabbing focus away from the cursor, say something here. PPE and I have been trying to track it down, but it doesn't load for either of us so he can't find out who it is.

There's a red triangular logo in the upper right of the ad, but we've had no luck figuring out what company it is.

I have tracked down the majority of the ads causing the problem. It was actually a combination of advertisers, and even YouTube channels. My guess is that somebody out there is using a really broken video template all over the place and they have no idea that it isn't working.

Anywho - the offending advertisers and a fair number of individual ads have been blocked. For the most part, the effects should be immediate, but for some, it may take a little while before they are all blocked completely.

Hopefully this is the last of this, for a while

Old 04-07-2017, 05:09 AM
Front End Supervisor

great job thanks!
Closed Thread