This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dispatcher Duties - What is an ID?

I wear many hats (not in real life, I don't look right in them) and one of them is a clerk for a mini mart at the same place as the towing.

PA Law states that we should ID for cigarettes and I do for EVERYONE instead of the underage kiddies because we get compliance checks I swear 20 times a month. Acceptable ID's include, state issued ID, state issued Drivers License, Military ID, and Passport.

I also cannot tell ages because of some brain thing. (Maybe that's why I cannot wear hats?)

Any who, I get one girl last month try to give me a NY state EBT (benefits) card for ID because in her drunken logic (not assumed, drunk as a mofo and told me so) since it has a picture on it that it is considered state ID. Fair enough assumption but no.

Thankfully she was not driving.

Second was a young man from NY. I know this because he also tried to give me a NY EBT card and when that didn't work, he handed me his PRISON ID.

In fairness to him (a nice not drunk customer), it had his picture on it too.

ID?

"The king is a fink!"
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

When asked for an ID, my late wife's grandmother used to give them her Illinois 'Firearm Owner's Identification Card', which was often accepted because it was a state issued picture ID with DOB on it.
      Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
        ID?

"The king is a fink!"
        Sire, the peasants are revolting!!

•looks down•

You can say that again
        Seph
        Taur10
        "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

I used to get a lot of student IDs from local universities, and work IDs. Just because it has your picture, doesn't mean it's an acceptable form of ID for alcohol purchase. A surprising number of people didn't understand that.
          A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth drunkenwildmage View Post
            When asked for an ID, my late wife's grandmother used to give them her Illinois 'Firearm Owner's Identification Card', which was often accepted because it was a state issued picture ID with DOB on it.
            I have had people also give me those but according to what I've been told by compliance checks and officials is that we cannot accept that form. We get many people with a Firearms card in here and each time I ask an official just in case the law changed and I didn't know about it. Maybe it's different in other places?

Comment

Quoth JarethsPet View Post
              I have had people also give me those but according to what I've been told by compliance checks and officials is that we cannot accept that form. We get many people with a Firearms card in here and each time I ask an official just in case the law changed and I didn't know about it. Maybe it's different in other places?
              Around my neck of the woods the law is basically "state issued ID with a DoB on it". So there is allot of oddball stuff, including state employee badges with DoB on them.

But the fun thing is that they are pushing for liquor stores to use software where they can read the QR codes on the back of Drivers Licenses/DMV issued ID cards.

Comment

I've never tried to use my state government employee id in the past because I always have my driver's license with me and I don't wear my work lanyard when I'm not at work. If I knew a local place that would still card me for anything, I might consider doing that experiment.

At the food stamp office, we take state prison ID's.

And BTW, hats are cool. Once your head and eyes get used to them, you won't want to be without one ever. Says the woman who isn't allowed to wear hats at work, but has over 20 for off work use.

Comment

Hats are cool if you can find one that actually fits.

I apparently have an immense head, because almost every "one size fits all" hats that I have ever tried on needed to add an extra bit to that phrase: "*(Except for NP)"

Don't get me started on badges...
                  “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                  One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                  The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
                    Don't get me started on badges...
                    http://emilymcgovern.com/2017/03/20/slytherin40/

Comment

Badges? We got no badges. We don't need to show you any steenkin' BADGES...!

Comment

Hats are cool if you can find one that actually fits.

I apparently have an immense head, because almost every "one size fits all" hats that I have ever tried on needed to add an extra bit to that phrase: "*(Except for NP)"
                        If you or anyone else is really interested in learning the ways of hats and how to properly block one, pm me. I have never bought a hat that fits right because everyone's head is shaped differently, but the forms used to make them are all the same.

LOL at Monterey Jack! I was waiting for someone to use that.

I stopped at the local c-store on the way home tonight for some liquid refreshment and fake "demanded" that the clerk card me so I could show her my state ID. Her response? OMG slave, I've seen bad ID pics before, but this is the worst ever!

So much for using that ID again.

Comment

Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
                          ... OMG slave, I've seen bad ID pics before, but ...
                          ... you can have that posted with your obituary: "Told you I was dead."
                          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
                            I have never bought a hat that fits right because everyone's head is shaped differently, but the forms used to make them are all the same.
                            It's not a question of shape--merely of size. I seem to have an inhumanly-large cranium. I have found a total of three different hats that fit me so far, in a couple of decades of looking. One was a straw hat made on a "humongous" form just in case someone like me wandered by the booth; one was an actual Size 8+ hat, and one is the big floppy "Sunday Afternoons" hat that I wear when going outside for any amount of time.
                            “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                            One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                            The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

It's not a question of shape--merely of size. I seem to have an inhumanly-large cranium. I have found a total of three different hats that fit me so far, in a couple of decades of looking. One was a straw hat made on a "humongous" form just in case someone like me wandered by the booth; one was an actual Size 8+ hat, and one is the big floppy "Sunday Afternoons" hat that I wear when going outside for any amount of time.
                              Is this a stealth brag about having a brain so big a normal head couldn't hold it?

Straw is fairly easy to stretch to fit, so I could help with that. Well made fabric hats can only be stretched about half a size larger without damage. I am so sorry that I can't share my hat love with you.

Comment

Working...
                              X