This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can We Keep This Civil? or How Not to Run an Email Thread

I received an email from the wagon wheel bank reminding many people that we need to complete our training so we can get a network ID so we can work for the bank. I don't blame the manager that sent the email, but I do agree that we all don't need to know that someone won't need an ID. The manager is the only one who needs to know. We don't need people to use "Reply All."

We don't need a flame war, either. Trading insults is very unprofessional.

Here is a heavily edited version of this thread. I edited out the names, but I did keep the other mistakes.

Please comply.

-----
    -----

Please remove me from emails

Thank you

-----
    -----

No need to Reply to all for this request! Rookies!

(Yes, he used an eye roll emoji.)
    -----

We reply all to make sure everyone got it... so don’t start the name calling or feel any type of way j

Thank you all

-----

Screw off Q you “hero” and take me the hell off this DL. I don’t even work for Wagon Wheel.

-----
    -----

I could care less u decided to say something back and is that best u can say back... n why reply all fuk boy

-----
    -----

For those of you who have requested to be removed. I will do so as I receive the requests. The other comments need to stop please.

-----
    Since I have recently accepted a 7½ month project with the "&" bank, I won't be working for the Wagon Wheel, either. I just hope I won't be working with either Q or J.
    This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

I can't believe this is a work email thread.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
      I can't believe this is a work email thread.
      Me either. If that happened at my old job, the people involved would be called in to the manager's office and be lucky if all they got was a write-up. If any of them were in the union, as a steward, I might've been called in with them, and the face palming would have been epic. Talk about embarrassing.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

And this is why you should BCC large lists, especially when nobody needs to know who else is on the list.
        This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
        I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

I was tempted to send a link to the It's Time to Stop video. I didn't, though.

Comment

https://hooktube.com/watch?v=Y5uJDzdOgaM

And https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFVFTuwpX4Y
            Last edited by TheSHAD0W; 08-04-2018, 02:21 AM.

Comment

Q had better be having a long talk with HR on the subject of "appropriate language for the workplace."
              "You would be in trouble for verbally calling a coworker a 'fuk boy', but you went the extra mile and put it in writing. Have you considered where you'd like to work at your next job?"

Comment

Quoth SpyOne View Post
                Q had better be having a long talk with HR on the subject of "appropriate language for the workplace."
                "You would be in trouble for verbally calling a coworker a 'fuk boy', but you went the extra mile and put it in writing. Have you considered where you'd like to work at your next job?"
                Actually, she said she wouldn't be working for the project manager that sent out the email. It's probably for the best.

Comment

Had I received that email from Q...you can be sure that I would have tracked down his/her manager, and ripped into them. Seriously, to call someone a "fuk boy," via email? Doesn't Q realize that once you send something like that, it never goes away?
                  Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

There's a guy on our balloon crew that our pilot finally said, "Ben, you don't have to 'reply all' on the emails I send out." He had no idea what that meant, even though when you reply you choose which one to use. He said he'd make sure he doesn't do it anymore...but he still does it...
                    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

When I first read it I was like "well, that escalated quickly..."

But for real, wow it must be hard for someone with that poor of impulse control to hold down a job for any length of time.
                      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

I remember I had to teach my Mom how to use BCc... Some of her friends still use Reply-All inappropriately.

Comment

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
                          And this is why you should BCC large lists, especially when nobody needs to know who else is on the list.
                          The project manager sent me a mass email using BCC this time.

Comment

Working...
                          X