This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Soundheim Musical in the Making

Whelp, yesterday I asked my assistant manager to take me out of apparel.
    I can't even write it all down. I tried to but there's too many details.
    The short of it is my department manager is a lying bitch who told our store manager that I "intimidate" the other associates.
    First anyone heard of it was yesterday, when we finally sat down with two assistant managers. She shouted at me, in front of them, for "always reporting on the other associates."
    Which I only do when they do something I need to report about because I don't the authority to do anything other than report on them. I do not "Tattle" as she once put it. I just hate it the way I have to work twice as hard as everyone else because they're ot doing their jobs properly.
    That's all I can say at this moment because I really am trying my best not to let it eat me alive.
    But I told my ASM, if they have such a problem with me in apparel, I don't want to be there. Take me out of the equation and they should have no excuses for not getting anything done.
    He said, "But I really like you over there. You're a hard worker and your phone ettiquette is dead on."
    I'm like well, look at what she said about me. She clearly doesnt want me over there and if all the other associates are so bothered by me, I shouldn't have to walk on egg shells around them.
    So he's going to fix it so that I no longer have to be resposnbile for the fitting rooms and I'm going to work in the Home department.
    I hate that a department I put so much work in would stab me in the back like this but fuck them. That's all there is to it.

It's fine though. She's the only member of management that has a problem with me and there are a lot of people who wanted me in their departments. I decided yesterday to start branching out. Leaving my "snow globe" as I called it.
    I loved apparel because it was safe. It was an isolated part of the store and people loved my work.
    So why shouldn't I be able to do the same in another part of the store. Customers are always telling me that I'm the only person who asks them if they need anything. They're sending their friends and relatives to me because I actually take them to the product they're looking for.
    I'm sorry if that makes me a praise junky but it's nice to actually be appreciated by everyone for a change, instead of only ever hearing lip service hand jobs.
    Don't waste time trying to convince someone that the sky is blue.

And after apparel collapses, you can go back to management and let them know that when they replace the apparel manager and all the screw up employees, you'll go back to apparel, help train the new employees on the correct methods and and see to it that they clean up the mess.
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Best of luck. And yeah, "tattle-tale!" is the cry of people who want to get away with their misbehavior.

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
        And after apparel collapses, you can go back to management and let them know that when they replace the apparel manager and all the screw up employees, you'll go back to apparel, help train the new employees on the correct methods and and see to it that they clean up the mess.
        I honestly think going back there at anytime would just be asking for trouble. I've gotten pretty good at leaving things behind and never looking back. If I impress the department managers in the Housewares area, why should I go back to a department that clearly has a problem with me?

Best case scenario: This manager is on the chopping block herself and is only grabbing at straws to try and make me look bad. I know she hates the fact that I essentially create extra work for her by "reporting on" everyone. Even that extra work is exactly what she signed on for, whether she knows it or not.

Worst case scenario: The whole department will lie about anyone they don't like to try and get rid of them and I'm screwed either way.

I don't like to sound paranoid but at the end of the day, I can't afford to lose the job, so I'd rather cash in on the good will if I've built with the other members of management.

Comment

After a day of being in housewares the store manager said she has never seen it looking so organized.

I got a ton of recognition from management. I was even going to have my photo on the wall. But I politely declined the photo. Actually it was less like polite and more like, I explained to the HR officer how I was honestly afraid that would escalate things between me and the department manager.

I leave her department and manage to turn a whole other department around in just a day, then get recognized it? I felt like she would continue to make me a target of her resentment.

I told the HR how hurt I was over the things she said and how I was treated.

The HR understood that I was uncomfortable but she swore to me that everyone in the upper management appreciated my effort. That was more than enough for me and I decided that if I can impress them once, it shouldn't be hard to impress them again further down the road.

In the meantime, I just want to get the bitterness behind me.

Comment

Quoth TheWolfEmperor View Post
            ... I just want to get the bitterness behind me.
            The batterness, where you feel like some State Fair delicacy about to be dropped in the boiling oil!
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
              The batterness, where you feel like some State Fair delicacy about to be dropped in the boiling oil!
              Only not as tasty with powdered sugar.

Comment

I dunno, you look kinda tasty to me!!
                “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

We have spare rooms available. Feel free to 'get one' ....
                  The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Update:

So, in the months since I left Apparel I have been bumped up to full time. Just got my second bonus this past payday and I have to say, I really like bonuses.

There were rumors going around that the Bitch of Apparel was stealing baby clothes. Nothing ever came of that, however, a couple of weeks ago she was scheduled to come in on a Sunday. Apparently no one else was scheduled that morning, which is something I've come to think of as standard operating procedure but I never complained. She decided she wasn't having any of it, so she just left for the day.

I'm not sure what she expected to come of that. I only know she was fired as a result. Her attendance issues were all ready mounting and that was the cherry on the cake.

Her position is open now but I'm not grabbing it. Here's why.

When she told my assistant manager that I "intimidated" everyone, he did a discreet follow up with the other members of apparel to see if that was the case. They all said that the worst thing they had to say about me was that I was a bit intense. In apparel, intense translates to, "Busts ass and doesn't hang around the fitting rooms texting, drinking coffee, and not giving a shit."

I have avoided talking with any of the apparel associates or the other department managers on a social level, preferring to focus entirely on zoning my department and helping the customers. Mind you, I have always been very professional in dealing with everyone. I don't scowl at them or give them a hard time. And recently, we did start talking semi-casually.

But one thing I did not hear from any of them is, "You know she was full of shit, right? We have no problem with you."

From that general silence I drew the conclusion that if I returned to apparel in any capacity, I would be opening myself up to more backstabbing. That would especially be the case if I joined the department manager team. It just isn't worth it.

I'm content where I am for now. It's just nice to see that if you wait long enough, eventually bullshit does walk.

Comment

... if you wait long enough, eventually bullshit does walk.
                      Like the "Skipper" cheese my great-grandmother told me about. She was working in her father's store (circa 1880-1890) and a wheel of cheese kept getting moved from the back of the counter to the front. She'd move it back and continue working. That afternoon, an old coot was sitting by the cracker barrel...

He watched the cheese for while and burst out, "Skipper cheese!"
                      ... "What's that?"
                      "You fry up slices and watch the skippers skip!"

It had so many maggots in it it was moving...
                      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Isn't that some sort of delicacy cheese?
                        My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
                          Isn't that some sort of delicacy cheese?
                          there is a cheese like that casu marzu ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casu_marzu )

Comment

Who am I to judge? I've eaten under cooked poultry.

Salmonella rents a one bedroom efficiency in my stomach and wonders when the hell it's going to get out of there.

Comment

Who am I to judge? I've eaten under cooked poultry.

Salmonella rents a one bedroom efficiency in my stomach and wonders when the hell it's going to get out of there.
                              I know that pain. In my defense, I'd eaten other undercooked poultry from that same batch without ill effects. But that last chicken breast put me down.
                              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
                              X