This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is not the place to conduct your business

Had a woman on Saturday come in while on her phone and had the caller on speaker. Turns out she was buying insurance for a car she hadn't actually purchased yet but planned on doing it that day. She wanted to load money onto her prepaid debit card to pay for the policy. She then tied up one of our registers because she couldn't decide how much she actually needed to pay. I already put through one transaction but the amount was wrong because she told me the wrong amount. We were busy AF, too. Finally after a good 10 minutes of this I was able to get rid of her.

Since I was able to overhear this entire conversation, I got a chuckle from this question.

Insurance Guy: So is there any custom modifications to the vehicle? (Or something like that)
    Crazy Lady: Nope, just looks like a regular old work truck.

Not really sure what that even means so...I mean I do...but I don't. Ya know?

Just when you think you've seen most things in retail stuff like this happens.
    I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

And of course she does all the financial before finding out how much the bill will be, so this may take a couple more transactions to put the money on the card, wasting time and fees each time. This, of course, is YOUR fault, and you'll have to fix it somehow.
    Oh, and there will be some details she didn't tell the insurance agent, which leads to a higher premium, which is again something you will have to fix, without her getting any of those transaction fees that those cards function on.

Do I have the plotline correct? It sounds like you've only seen the first act in this little play.

Comment

Quoth Trixie View Post
      Insurance Guy: So is there any custom modifications to the vehicle? (Or something like that)
      Crazy Lady: Nope, just looks like a regular old work truck.

Not really sure what that even means so...I mean I do...but I don't. Ya know?
      I think she might have been buying this used pickup truck.
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I think I owned that vehicle.

And I didn't even notice until the end that it mentions Shelbyville. Hmm, there is a Shelbyville in this state.

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
          I think she might have been buying this used pickup truck.
          Ooh, hadn't heard that one before; one of the greatest singers that never lived!
          This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
          I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
            Ooh, hadn't heard that one before; one of the greatest singers that never lived!
            Bad that I guessed the song before I even clicked the link?

Re. the customer, yeah, trying to jump the gun on payment stuffs rarely works out well.
            Cheap, fast, good. Pick two.
            They want us to read minds, I want read/write.

Comment

I was thinking more along the lines of this car. Definitely NSFW, folks!
              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

1) That video was great.
                2) Adam Sandler should've stuck with the music.
                3) I've also owned that car.

Comment

From the title I was expecting a different kind of story.

Something like the one about the guy who got banned from our store because he failed to heed the warning from the manager.
                  See, the property line was right along the curb of our parking lot: if you stand on the grass, you are off our property. And we really only care about the illegal things you do ON our property.
                  So when the manager tells you that if she keeps getting complaints from customers that you are trying to sell them drugs in our parking lot, and that if you don't keep that activity off our property you will get banned, she'd not really asking for much.
                  .... And now you can't come into our store for the sodas you want, and we have to call the police if we see you in the parking lot. And that seems to have made you better about staying on the grass.

Comment

Quoth Trixie View Post
                    I think I owned that vehicle.

And I didn't even notice until the end that it mentions Shelbyville. Hmm, there is a Shelbyville in this state.
                    That's a crud truck. It belongs in crud-town!

Comment

Working...
                    X