This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth csquared View Post
    Do you know if the bank trying to get market value, payoff value or something in between?
    I really don't know. The previous owner has allowed so many easements into the property, so it's really not worth much at all. My guess the bank is going to get as much as they can, but it will, likely, be a loss.
    "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

• So, not an investment opportunity.
      Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
      Save the Ales!
      Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

• Betty inquired about the Paycheck Protection Program and picked up an application. Like all restaurants in Minnesota, she's only open for takeout. Dine-in has to be closed until May 4. But when I told her we'd need her quarterly payroll number from 2019, she said she hadn't done her taxes yet. So I doubt she'll bring the application back.
        "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
        -Mira Furlan

Comment

• Income reports

Quoth Ghel View Post
          Betty inquired about the Paycheck Protection Program and picked up an application. Like all restaurants in Minnesota, she's only open for takeout. Dine-in has to be closed until May 4. But when I told her we'd need her quarterly payroll number from 2019, she said she hadn't done her taxes yet. So I doubt she'll bring the application back.
          Lots of companies are hoping to get their hands on the money the government plans to pay out to keep things going, just one problem, the government wants detailed reports and receipts on what money you made before. I bet Betty has not been paying taxes and employment insurance that she should had been paying.

Comment

• Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
            I bet Betty has not been paying taxes and employment insurance that she should had been paying.
            Yes, that seems likely.
            "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
            -Mira Furlan

Comment

• I feel even more badly for Betty's staff now than I usually do. If she's not paying the unemployment, her employees won't be covered and also won't be eligible for the extra 600 a week. Doesn't matter that their pay stubs clearly show the taxes being taken out of their pay, if the employer doesn't pay, the employee is totally screwed.

Comment

• Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
                I bet Betty has not been paying taxes and employment insurance that she should had been paying.
                At one time she was cashing paychecks out of the till, so that is very likely.
                I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

• Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
                  Doesn't matter that their pay stubs clearly show the taxes being taken out of their pay, if the employer doesn't pay, the employee is totally screwed.
                  To the best of my understanding, you are 100% correct -- I know the employees would be on the hook for their half (ish) of the payroll tax "contribution;" unsure if they would be held responsible for the employer portion as well.
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                  Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                  "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

• Any updates on Betty? I can't imagine any restaurant is in great financial shape lately, especially one as infamous as this.
                    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

• We need a Betty V Brandy thread.

Comment

• Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
                        We need a Betty V Brandy thread.
                        "Round One . . . FI-- ! . . . Neither of them showed up, did they? They said they'd be here!"
                        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

• Betty got her PPP loan. I'm not sure if she used it for the categories that will allow loan forgiveness, but that's up to her to prove. If she doesn't somehow manage to prove that she used all the PPP funds for payroll, mortgage interest, or utilities, then she'll have to repay the loan within 2 years. But because the SBA hasn't even started reviewing the forgiveness applications, the bank is going to be sending out deferral documents for customers to sign. Otherwise, their first payments would be due in November. It's a huge CF.

Betty called asking about PPP forgiveness this week. I told her we sent out information last week and to check her email. Somehow, she was thinking that she ALSO had received another amount the same as her PPP loan. No one's going to give you another $10,000+ for no reason, Betty. She apparently saw the PPP loan on her online banking and thought it was money she could access, not a debt to be repaid.
                          -Mira Furlan

Comment

• Quoth Ghel View Post

Betty called asking about PPP forgiveness this week. I told her we sent out information last week and to check her email. Somehow, she was thinking that she ALSO had received another amount the same as her PPP loan. No one's going to give you another $10,000+ for no reason, Betty. She apparently saw the PPP loan on her online banking and thought it was money she could access, not a debt to be repaid.
                            I've been wondering if Covid would be the nail in her coffin, but it looks like it's not, so far.

I wonder if the gambling is going to get her at last, if she's still up to that.
                            My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

• Quoth EricKei View Post
                              "Round One . . . FI-- ! . . . Neither of them showed up, did they? They said they'd be here!"
                              Betty V Brandy: Whoever Wins, We Lose...Money!

Comment

• Betty

Any updates?

Comment

Working...
                                X