We've recently switched our line of business at the call center (for example think of a center that did tech support switching to sales) and since the switch I've had numerous pranks calls, notably stupid kids.
Today alone I was:
- Asked if I had any cheese (how I wished I could reply: "I've got the whole damn cow, bitch!)
- Called a stupid [derogatory term for a white person starting with a C]
- Told to F*** off three times
- Called a bitch
- Had someone tell me their name was Diamond Eisenhower (I'll give them credit for that, that's too terrible for a made up name)
- Had somone tell me their name was Bob Saget (how I wished I could reply: "Full House sucks!")
Then not today but recently I was:
- Made to listen to a pizza order after I asked for a cell phone number
- Asked for directions to India
- made to listen to numerous people who just seem to love to punch the buttons on the dial pad
- randomly screamed at several times
And I get the feeling this will continue into the future. You know just once I'd like to get a really intelligent prank call that would have me laughing for days about its cleverness, but mostly I get the same pile of stupidity every day. I know I can't stop it, but I thought I'd still take a moment to vent about these stupid kids (and yes, they are for the most part all kids, although the racial slur comment came from someone who sounded adult).
I miss my old job back at the store for the simple reason I could respond to prank callers however I liked since we had no real rules on phone etiquette and the calls were never recorded.
Oh well I guess for now I keep my dumb shit-o-meter set on "high"