Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Biggest one that had me kicking myself for a week, was in an Icecrown raid in WoW, fighting the Zeppie fight, before Deathbringer Saurfang, and an awesome item dropped for boosting spell power. The Heroic version of the Spyglass. I rolled on it, won it, and suddenly the mage is whining in party about how he really really wants it, how it'd really improve things for him gear wise, regardless that it'd be a huge improvement for my Lock, that he'd be there raid after raid to make sure I'd get it again if I just gave it to him.

I was sick and not in a greedy 'F you, I got mine' sort of mood (I'm usually very testy on giving things up if I win a roll - my rolls generally suck) so I gave it to him.

We never saw him again in the raid.
    And never saw the trinket again.
    Okay everyone, lets all point and laugh at him right about....

Now.

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
      Few here will understand this, but our wormhole space had a connection to another one claimed by another alliance and we looked around. No bugger in there, and their defences were out of fuel. We've nicked several millions of Iskies worth of ships already and there's one real prize we should get out tomorrow that's worth billions. Looks like the entire alliance either disbanded or got podded out of their - we're performing the heist of the week! Not all our fail

Rapscallion
      Sucks to be them =)

I have managed to slave my way back to 3 accounts, with the wonderful bonus of having a starter gift of ISKies paid back

Quoth RayvenQ View Post
      Better than me, lost two drakes in a single day and almost lost a third, first one to a scammer (the old loot container switch one, i wasn't thinking) and the second to a L4 mission, almost lost the 3rd to the same mission but some guy came in and rescued my butt.

I'd get back into Eve but can't afford the subscription fee atm.
      I have never run any scams, though I have disseminated some less than accurate information to someone I recognized who ran a scam on one of my corps [but I was in an alt that is not recognizable as connected to me]

I did have fun playing with a hopeful can flipper/ship killer in the ice belt in Nein. I was shepherding a couple new members of the corp in a corp mining session, with our CEO Bam in one of his combat ships to rat for salvage. Some guy who was 'really new and interested in mining' as in a couple weeks old. He was 'wondering if the brand new to the game orca could use nanite repair paste' and then spent literally 15 minutes trying to get me to take some out of the jet can he so helpfully popped out so I could try it. Oddly enough, he was already in a fleet, so he couldn't/wouldn't fleet up so I could safely take something out of his jetcan without triggering aggression. He finally bailed out pissed off at us
      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
        Sucks to be them =)
        Turns out after I wrote the above, and we were still in the process of hauling ships, they returned and were somewhat irked. We had to leave the Rorqual (spelling?) and some other hangar arrays, but they're going to be kicking themselves. Heistus interruptus, but it was hilarious.

Rapscallion

Comment

Turns out after I wrote the above, and we were still in the process of hauling ships, they returned and were somewhat irked. We had to leave the Rorqual (spelling?) and some other hangar arrays, but they're going to be kicking themselves. Heistus interruptus, but it was hilarious.

Rapscallion
          LOL, like I said, still sucks to be them. We have specific people that fuel the POSs, and secondary and tirtiary fuelers.

Pity about the rorqual though, I still haven't bothered to build myself one, I oculd have used it
          EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

On the downside, just got jumped by some guys in our WH and I missed the warnings that there were hostiles in there. Another tengu gone bye-bye. Possed as well.

Rapscallion

Comment

Not that I have a really epic story, but my disposition is when I do win loot (I play WoW) I usually feel guilty and have to mentally justify that yeah it's an upgrade and that's okay.

My main is a in a guild that heavily emphasizes teamwork and family, so last week when I won the helm token off of Nef, I looked at everyone else who could use it, then gave it to one of our newer members -it was a huge upgrade for him- thinking that I was helping out my team, yada, yada.

No it started a huge shitstorm where the Guild leader and half of the raid ripped me a new butthole just because I was trying to be nice. I did my best to explain myself and all the guild leader could come up with was "Well don't roll on stuff then." So then I said "forget this"and Gquit. Double standards much?
              https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

On the downside, just got jumped by some guys in our WH and I missed the warnings that there were hostiles in there. Another tengu gone bye-bye. Possed as well.

Rapscallion
                Ouch.

Hm, wonder which tengus we have BPOs for. I probably should train up so I can fly one, I have some of the skill books.

Don't you check local?
                Quoth Kanalah View Post
                Not that I have a really epic story, but my disposition is when I do win loot (I play WoW) I usually feel guilty and have to mentally justify that yeah it's an upgrade and that's okay.

My main is a in a guild that heavily emphasizes teamwork and family, so last week when I won the helm token off of Nef, I looked at everyone else who could use it, then gave it to one of our newer members -it was a huge upgrade for him- thinking that I was helping out my team, yada, yada.

No it started a huge shitstorm where the Guild leader and half of the raid ripped me a new butthole just because I was trying to be nice. I did my best to explain myself and all the guild leader could come up with was "Well don't roll on stuff then." So then I said "forget this"and Gquit. Double standards much?
                I can see where your GL is coming from, good armor is needed for raiding, so if you win a roll, use it.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
                  Don't you check local?
                  No local in a WH. However, I was checking 360 degree D scan regularly. They warped in in the fifteen second gap between checks. Pow.

Rapscallion

Comment

Working...
                  X