X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't Forget To Feed The Cat

Or there will be consequences.

The weekly routine is every Friday morning, I do laundry at my parents' place. Since the shifts got longer, I've been staying there longer, after laundry is done, sleeping till about 12-12:30 or so, then tumbling the jeans a little longer to get them toasty, and gathering everything up and going.

Tiger the overgrown overweight kitten usually falls asleep around 8:30-9 and wakes up around the same time I do and wants to eat. Normally, my parents have fed him before I leave, and I give him a little more before I go.

Well, he got up early the other day, around noon. And there apparently wasn't any food in his dish in the basement.

I was soundly sleeping on the couch and I hear this ungodly, loud, high pitched squeal. I woke up so terrified, I didn't just open my eyes, I got my whole upper body UP within a second. Not used to hearing that sort of thing while trying to sleep.

That would be Tiger yelling at me. I have never heard him make such a noise. He does have a very shrill, high pitched "mewww" but this was eery. Terrifying!

Anyway, he was sitting on the floor, glaring at me with his bright big greenish yellow eyes.

I was mean and fell back asleep, thinking he was just howling because he thought he was alone. He randomly howls and meowwwls when he thinks no one is home. But then I figured, he saw me laying there, he's hungry.

I went downstairs to tumble the jeans once more, and he all but tried to trip me on the way down, rushing down two stairs at a time.

I put some food in his dish, and he must have mowed it right down, because I walked back upstairs and re-filled the dog's water bowl, and there he was again, sitting there glaring at me. Then he drank his little heart out.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Glare = "You realize, you are edible!"
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Oh my. That sounds like my cat, but he isn't vocal at all -- unless he wants something to eat. Then he'll either sit at the end of the bed and mew to wake someone up, or just stare until someone wakes up.
      Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

I'm sure you've all seen the Simon's Cat video "Cat Man Do" (also known as "wake up cat") - if you haven't seen it, go to YouTube RIGHT NOW. But put down any drinks first.

Comment

Quoth Buglady View Post
          Simon's Cat video "Cat Man Do"
          And the linky: Cat Man Do.

Comment

I never ran into any of my kitties (4 of them...all siblings 3 girls and 1 boy) howling for food but one kitty in particular, the smallest of them all, Poesje (for those that don't know....say: poo-sha..her name means Kitty in Dutch) would meow until you set it down after you fill it up with food for her to eat as if to say "bring me my food, human! hurry up! I'm hungry!".
            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Blas, at least that cat didn't do what my first cat did.
              I was six years old or so at the time and had woken up at an ungodly hour for some reason. I was just sitting on the floor in my room looking around when the cat came up to me, meowing his head off. Being young and usually not the first one up, I was petting and talking quietly to him as he did circles around me meowing loudly the whole time.

Until his patience wore out and he took a swipe at me. Specifically at my face. With the claws out.
              If it had of been a couple millimeters lower, my left eye would now be fake. School for the next couple days was lots of fun, with a big bandage over my eye for the first day and a big ugly healing scratch/scar just above my eye for a few weeks afterwards.

Comment

Mom and I recently adopted a Shitzue from the pound. She will empty the cat food every time we turn our backs. Many nights, both cats will keep climbing into my bed meowing at me because they think I will get up in the middle of the night to feed them. We finally put the cat food, milk & water bowl in the garage and put a baby gate at that door to keep her out of the cat food. We were going through about 5 pounds of it a week.
                "I guess they see another cash cow just waiting to be dry humped." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

I've got plenty of battle wounds from Baby, the main cat of the house before we got Tiger (because FatCat died in early 2010).

She once, for no reason, grabbed my face with both paws (with claws, she's never been declawed) and bit my nose. All I did was go under the table to get my keys I'd dropped.

Tiger is declawed, but he slaps me occasionally when I pick him up like a baby. I think he's trying to "shush" me, because he aims for my mouth.

He wakes my parents up every morning between 4-5 am and rattles their closet doors as hard as he can (gets up on his hind legs and rattles the handles, shaking the whole closet) to let them know he wants to eat.

Comment

Jasmine would come into my room, stick her face in my face, and purr loudly when she was hungry until I got up and fed her.

Taz hardly ever meows, and does so very softly when she does. She'll follow me in the kitchen, but doesn't make a fuss over being hungry if her food bowl is empty, unless it's really been a long time since she's eaten. She likes to pounce on my legs though, and will run in between them when I'm walking down the hall which has led me to step on her several times. She's finally starting to figure out how to stay out of my way.

Quoth freeatlast View Post
                    Mom and I recently adopted a Shitzue from the pound. She will empty the cat food every time we turn our backs. Many nights, both cats will keep climbing into my bed meowing at me because they think I will get up in the middle of the night to feed them. We finally put the cat food, milk & water bowl in the garage and put a baby gate at that door to keep her out of the cat food. We were going through about 5 pounds of it a week.
                    Dogs will eat cat food; they're scavengers and will eat anything not nailed down. Cats, OTOH, will not eat dog food. Whenever I dogsit for Goldie, I have to put the catfood (and sometimes the cat) in a separate room to keep Goldie out of it. None of my cats would have anything to do with the dog food.
                    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                      And the linky: Cat Man Do.
                      I love this one and it's so true!!! My boy cat likes to sit on the bed and wake my bf up by meowing in his face...basically saying "get up you lazy bastard cause I'm hungry!!!" My girl kitty hounds him until he gives in and feeds her. They leave me alone
                      https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                      Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
                        Jasmine would come into my room, stick her face in my face, and purr loudly when she was hungry until I got up and fed her.
                        "Kitty" was my first cat of my own, and in the beginning it was just me and her. On weekends, I'd sleep in and she'd want fed. She'd climb in bed with me, walk onto my chest, and stare down at me until I opened my eyes. As soon as I'd open my eyes, she'd meow at me.

When my ex moved in with me, we had three other cats in addition to Kitty. Early one Saturday morning, things kind of went like this.

"Meow meow"

"Mike, the cats are hungry."

Mumble... mumble...

"Meow meow"

"Mike, feed the cats!" (She was too lazy to get up and do it herself. I guess sitting on her ass all week while I was at work took a lot out of her.)

Mumble... mumble...

"Mike, the cats are hungy!"

Sounds of the bag of cat food falling over, followed by ripping and tearing.

"Mike, the cats are feeding themselves!"

Sure enough, they had knocked the bag over and ripped it open. One of them had climbed halfway into the bag, while the others chowing down on what had spilled onto the floor.
                        Sometimes life is altered.
                        Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                        Uneasy with confrontation.
                        Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Oh, the heck if cats won't eat dog food,

Tiger has already attempted to eat Bear the dog's kibbles. In protest of us not feeding him human food.

Yeah, he got over that one real quick. It didn't feel good barfing up organic dog food, did it there big boy? LOL.

Comment

One of our cats is a terrible liar. Mr. Skeen gets up first so he feeds them, and when I stumble out an hour later the youngest, Stevie, insists her bowl is empty and that she will die if I do not feed her immediately.

She's lying, though. Her bowl is full. Her water fountain is flowing. She's just seeing if I'll give in to her cuteness.

Our cats don't get people food. Slick has a really fussy tummy, but the other day he managed to snag a bit of cheese I'd dropped. All was well for about 10 minutes, before he started raising an unholy racket and sprinting around the living room. Then he barfed EVERYWHERE, felt better, and shut up.

Comment

Somewhere in 50 years of science fiction reading there was a story with cat-snakes...

Comment

Working...
                              X