This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They're gone!!!

I did a OS reload for a user yesterday. I know for a fact that I copied their PSTs (including Archive27 and Personal Folders (32)) and pointed outlook to them.

Here's the emails I got:

9:57PM - MY OUTLOOK FOLDERS ARE GONE!!!

(You didn't realize this the 90 minutes you were in the office after I gave you back your laptop?)

10:01PM - WHERE ARE YOU MY EMAILS ARE ALL GONE!!!

(in bed, asleep? I don't work 24.7)

10:09PM - WHERE ARE MY EMAILS????

(They cc'd my boss)

10:15PM - YOU AREN'T HELPING ME?? I NEED HELP NOW!!!

(Again, cc'd my boss)

10:27PM - THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE!!

(cc'd my boss and their boss)

11:15PM - I found them in (folder name).

That's right - she never expanded the personal folders. I can't wait to explain this one to my boss.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

On that note I had my pc reloaded not too long ago at work and the IT guy managed to save EVERYTHING important...he rocked
    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
      11:15PM - I found them in (folder name).
      If the user didn't CC your boss or her boss on this, I would just forward the message to them with a note that the issue has been resolved.

Comment

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post

On that note I had my pc reloaded not too long ago at work and the IT guy managed to save EVERYTHING important...he rocked
        The only time I do not save *all* data is if the hard drive is bad (or has bad sectors). Important or not - all data is worth saving.
        Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Yeesh. Kinda crafty in an SC-ish sort of way to CC your bosses on the "waaaa you're not helping me no waaaaiiiiiii" e-mails, but not the message where she admits her own stupidity.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Happens all the time.

What!?!?!? The IT guy has had 2 minutes to respond!
            At 10pm
            Saturday night
            I am so letting his boss know that he is so (unreliable/ not a team player/ behaving unacceptably)

I had two members of the sales team, and the director of sales bitch about me. Because I did not seem to care that the VPN was down.

And they continued to bitch about the VPN being down after it was explained to them. Lightning took out transformer, building has no power.

Comment

Just forward the last one to your boss.

As an IT guy, if a (l)user pulled that shit on a Saturday night when I'm either sleeping or enjoying some refreshing adult beverages would be along the lines of the same as you did - nothing.

Unless they pay an on-call extra or a shedload of OT (i.e. 4 hours minimum at either time and a half or double time), it's not a problem until Monday.

B
              "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
              I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

When my boss asked I just FWD them the final email and it was dropped.

We understands not everyone is an expert with computers but sometimes we just have to roll our eyes.

Even when the user has a "New Folder (452)" in their documents folder.
                Quote Dalesys:

Comment

I would imagine starting off the discussion with your boss with a suggestion to raise the IQ of all (l)users in the office by 30 points to get them above room temp would be a bad idea, huh?
                  I AM the evil bastard!
                  A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
                    I would imagine starting off the discussion with your boss with a suggestion to raise the IQ of all (l)users in the office by 30 points to get them above room temp would be a bad idea, huh?
                    Wonderful idea, brilliant... but... just how do you see actually accomplishing such a feat?

Just askin.
                    You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Quoth Kittish View Post
                      Wonderful idea, brilliant... but... just how do you see actually accomplishing such a feat?

Just askin.
                      Lots of refrigeration. Dreyer's needs more warehouse space.
                      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post

Even when the user has a "New Folder (452)" in their documents folder.
                        That is insane and amazing.

Comment

Working...
                        X