This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amusing Spam

Ok, we all get annoyed at the virtual stacks of spam in our inboxes, but does anyone else ever get the occasional one that's actually a bit amusing (usually non-intentionally)?

Examples:

I got a spam email today offering to buy any and all Timeshares, at highest possible prices, deals available immediately, little paperwork, and a free pony (ok, maybe not, but you get the drift). Not that I have a timeshare anyway, of course. But what was amusing was the sender of this wonderful offer - it was from Hilda Ponzi.

A while back, I got another wonderful email that was supposed to solve all my life's problems - this one was for errectile disfunction (we'll ignore the fact that I don't have the equipment for that function, let alone dis-function). Again, it was the sender that made the thing amusing - it was sent from Lois Lane. Gives a whole new meaning to up, up, & away......

Anyone else have some good ones?

Madness takes it's toll....
    Please have exact change ready.

At my last job I got spammed by the typical "I am prince whatshischops and I need to get a basquillion US dollars out of my country, all I need is your account to send it to".

Unfortunately for him my last email address ended .police.uk so that didn't end well for him!
    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

I've gotten ones saying they are from the FBI, but contain misspellings, and improper grammar of the like only found in use by people whose primary language is not English.

SC
      "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

Quoth Merriweather View Post
        A while back, I got another wonderful email that was supposed to solve all my life's problems - this one was for errectile disfunction (we'll ignore the fact that I don't have the equipment for that function, let alone dis-function). Again, it was the sender that made the thing amusing - it was sent from Lois Lane. Gives a whole new meaning to up, up, & away......
        Now I've got the song "Superman Sex-Life Boogie" stuck in my head. Thanks a bunch.
        "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

I got one that started out "Dear Respected Victim."

I had to give them a point for "honesty", sort of.

Also enjoy the ones that start out with something like "Hey big boy!" (I'm female) or "Saw your pic online" or "Saw you on facebook" - that's interesting, because I don't have a facebook account, and my pic isn't online. At all.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I think my favorite one was telling me that my runescape account had been hacked. This was extra bewildering, because I don't think I've even been on the runescape site, much less played. (trying to stay off mmopgs while in school) I've gotten a couple spectacular ones from "Blizzzard." extra z included, ranging from the fact that I was being 'suspended' for harassment on a server I didn't play on, and that I had won a free mouunt. -_-'
            Tell a man there are 300 Billion stars in the universe and he’ll believe you.
            Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he’ll have to touch to be sure.
            -Unknown Author

Comment

Speaking ow World of Warcraft spammers, one of the best one's I've received was an in game tell about a month ago supposedly from a Blizzard Representative saying "Congratulations! You have been randomly selected to participate in the Mists Open Beta! Visit <insert link> to redeem your code!"

A few problems with that:

1. Blizzard doesn't send info like that in in game tells.
              2. Even if they did, any tell from a Blizzard representative has a special icon next to the name that cannot be spoofed.
              3. Blizzard's first step in granting someone access to a beta is to directly activate the account for it, not require a redeemable code.
              4. My account is an Annual Pass account, so I had Beta Access three weeks after it went live which was about three months before the email.

The sad part is people actually do fall for it...
              I AM the evil bastard!
              A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

I get ones for Erectile Disfunction all the time.

Also ones for military veterans (was never in the military).

How about the ones Robert Mueller of the FBI? (because I'm so sure the Director of the FBI contacts potential crime victims through spam e-mails)

Now I'm getting spammed to death to become an Art Teacher/Drug Abuse Counselor/Psychologist!
                I question my sanity every day. Sometimes it answers.

Comment

Apparently, I've won a Kindle Fire and a $500 Amazon gift card. However, the people telling me this aren't Amazon. It's some place called DeterminedOlympus.com. Not sure if legit or not, but I'm leaning toward 'not'.
                  "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

We got one of those "Help, I'm stranded in another country and need money to get back home" emails recently.

It was from a customer that we've dealt with all of once, 8 years ago.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                    X