• Time
  • Show
Clear All

*hugs*

I'm so sorry, Seraph.
    https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

*hugs* sorry no advice, I'm so sorry to hear that
      Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
      What's the difference?
      We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Thanks guys. Tomorrow's the big news on whether she'll be in treatment all weekend or not...and then we'll be seeing whether we'll be making a one day trip or day and a half.
        By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

:hugs: I hope everything will turn out ok.
          Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Sending hugs - hopefully things will go OK for you.

In addition to the other suggestions, if you're a Costco member, check their discounts. I booked a cruise last year on Costcotravel.com, and just a few weeks ago got good discounts on a Best Western property through that same website.
            That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

Online sites like priceline.com, hotwire.com, etc. are good. Kayak.com is great at comparison rates against all those sites for hotels (even flights and rental cars too). It doesn't hurt to ask for a discount, especially in your case. As long as you're nice it'll be easy to sweet talk the front desk clerk into a discount for you. Are there any other discounts you may have? Maybe some sort of membership for an organization (i.e. Moose Lodge, etc)?
              I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
              Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
              Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Well, got the call today, she is doing treatments over the weekend, so we're gonna try for next weekend.

Thanks again all, really appreciate the advice.
                By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

One hotel I worked at offered a discount for Costco too. Something else to keep in mind.

Comment

Just ask. It doesn't hurt. We don't have bereavement rates or anything of the sort at my motel, but if someone's really polite about it, I've cut some really incredible deals in the past for guests.
                    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Working...
                    X