This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So.... what should I charge?

I was just asked to pill a neighbor's cat while they are out of town. Someone else is feeding them and collecting the mail, I'm just giving pills. Right now, it's one cat, but the other might get on something later today.

Currently, it's one dose, once a day.

What seems like a fair price?
    What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

i have no idea myself, but... you should take into consideration how good the cat is with being force-fed pills. some cats need to be wrapped in blankets first or they get claw happy.

out of curiosity, why isn't the feeder-person doing this? I'm not saying don't take the job but... if the person who's already there won't pill the cat, it does make me wonder if this is a difficult cat or something.

Comment

Force feeding pills to a cat?

I'd say $10,000 each pill + medical bills incurred.

Comment

Quoth Lachrymose View Post

Damn it! Beat me to it.
        I AM the evil bastard!
        A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth Lachrymose View Post

I concur.

What is your travel time? How hard will it be to find/catch the cat? Add up the time. Figure how much your time is worth. Add a few bucks. Start there, go up.

Or...
          Tell them they OWE you a favor in the future. Watch them sweat.
          Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
          Save the Ales!
          Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

whatever happened to doing things for your neighbor simply because they are your neighbor? the thought of CHARGING my neighbors for looking after their pets has never crossed my mind. That said, most neighbors will bring back a "token of appreciation" for you from their trip.

do it for free... as a good neighbor should.

Comment

Add another one who wonders why you are the one to "pill" the cat instead of the other folks? I would think it would make it more difficult, because the cat will quickly figure out what you are there for.
              Giving a cat a daily pill is a huge favor - we are talking something really great from the duty free nice - do you know where they are going? I'd ask them to bring back a specific item you want from there. (Good tequilla from Mexico - that kind of thing).

Comment

Quoth roxtar View Post
                whatever happened to doing things for your neighbor simply because they are your neighbor? the thought of CHARGING my neighbors for looking after their pets has never crossed my mind. That said, most neighbors will bring back a "token of appreciation" for you from their trip.

do it for free... as a good neighbor should.
                We've had members here who did extremely-discounted pet-sitting services. IIRC the pet-owners milked it for all it was worth and then tried to refuse the promised pay.

I'm not saying I wouldn't help out a neighbor but... I also would factor in things such as gas expenditure, how long I'd have to do it for, and if the neighbor would be appreciative or treat me like a slave.

Comment

roxtar, I am presently unemployed, so I need the money. As to why I'm giving the cats meds, I've done it at the kennel I used to work for, and the lady who is feeding the cats has never administered oral meds to a cat before.
                  What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

Comment

Quoth roxtar View Post
                    whatever happened to doing things for your neighbor simply because they are your neighbor?
                    ...have you ever pilled a cat?

Parrothead, wear lots and lots of plate armor. Although, that probably still won't save you. I'll be praying for your soul.
                    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

If I was going to pill a cat, I'd take along reinforcements too. I've had various moggies over the years, and have concluded that it takes at least 2 people to tackle a cat, and even then the cat nearly always wins.
                      Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Depends how much you like the person imo. Low if you like them a lot..otherwise.. *shrugs*. Do you have a radio ready to all in a Seal team? If not..the feline might win. Even with a seal team..it is iffy.
                        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Depends a lot on the person and particularly the cat.

Some cats aren't so bad, some turn into nothing but pointy bits. The worst are the ones that figure out how to not swallow the damn things so you end up with a mushy pill dripping with cat spit that you have to try to get back down the cat's throat, somehow.

^-.-^
                          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                          X