This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doctor Who Fans: Choose One

The Doctor has offered you one of three things for your birthday. A Sonic Screw Driver, a piece of Psychic Paper, or a makeshift Perception Filter that you can wear around your neck. You can only choose one of these things.

Sonic Screwdriver

Advantages: Psychic interface, you just point and think. It can even emit various frequencies that can temporarily stun most people and animals. Essentially it's a magic wand

Disadvantage: Has limited battery life and you're not getting another one when it dies out.

Psychic Paper

Advantages: Like the screwdriver this has a psychic interface. Show it to anyone and they see what you want them to see. Letter of recommendation from the president of the United States, backstage passes to your favorite concerts, CVS discount card, anything.

Disadvantages: If it's too big a lie, or you're not confident enough, or the person you're showing it happens to be one of those rare geniuses who can't be fooled by psychic paper, you could into a lot of trouble.

Perception Filter

Advantages: It looks like an ordinary piece of jewelry, but it gives off natural vibes that cause a person to avoid looking directly at you or noticing you're there.

Disadvantage: Cannot fool cameras or security equipment. Also, like with the psychic paper, there are some people who can resist the filter and will notice you even if you're just in their perhiphery.
    Sonic Screwdriver
    47.73%
    Psychic Paper
    45.45%
    Perception Filter
    6.82%

Totally going with the psychic paper.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Sonic screwdriver, I'd figure out a way to either reverse engineer it after it died, or have an alternative form of power for it.
      By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Psychic Paper. The vast majority of people can be fooled by it, and there are some things I could definitely do with it. I already have a weak perception filter going on for me..so *laughs*.
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Psychic paper. Think of all the things you could do to your typical SC with that.
          Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
          Save the Ales!
          Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Sonic Screwdriver for me. I mean, a device that does pretty much whatever the heck you need it to at any given moment? Yes, please.
            "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Psychic Paper, I'm only across the bridge from Wales. It's nice and tempting.
              "So you think they named this ship the "Chimera" because there's a monster on board?" Tony DiNozzo

"They did not name it the puppy" Ziva David - NCIS, Chimera

Comment

It's amazing, I've posted this poll in two seperate forums and there's at least one vote for the perception filter on each of them.

Comment

Going with the psychic paper. The possibilities...
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I'm going with the paper. If I could get the screwdriver to last longer though...
                    My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Definately the screwdriver! I'm sure you could macgyver a new powersource when the battery dies.
                      "When did you get a gold plated toilet?"
                      "We don't have a gold plated toilet"
                      "Oh dear, I think I just peed in your Tuba"

-Jasper Fforde

Comment

Since the screwdriver is essentially a magic wand..couldn't you use it to create a recharge station or more power sources?
                        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Possibly. Even if not, there must be at least one geek over at MIT who has pondered the power source (or a present-day equivalent), so I'm sure I'd be able to keep it working.

I voted for the screwdriver. A magic wand? Gimme.
                          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

I was very very very tempted to go for the screwdriver; but the battery life was a deal breaker for me in the end.

Psychic Paper though, being able to flash it as a VIP pass for concerts, or other ID/Ticketed events makes it worth it. Main problem I think would be using it too often in one place, but it's a minor problem (and just as likely to get people used to thinking of you a certain way)

Comment

Gotta go with the Psychic Paper. The Sonic Screwdriver would be really cool to have, but the limited battery life ruins it for me, and I'm not mechanical enough to create another power source for it.

The drawbacks to the paper, on the other hand, are easy to overcome. Only a rare few people would naturally be able to see through it, and the likely-hood of me running into one of them is practically nonexistent, so I wouldn't have to worry about them calling me on my bullshit.
                              Plus, I would be confident enough in the paper's ability to show people what I want them to see that lack of confidence wouldn't come into play, and I'm smart enough to know my limits in regards to lying, so I wouldn't do something stupid like claim to be the Queen of England.
                              my favourite author is neil gaiman. - me
                              it is? I don't like potatoes much. - the chatbot I was talking to

Comment

Working...
                              X