This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not having the visitor parking pass in your hand is rude

This incident happened at work during the first shift. The first shift attendant told me what happened.

He was assisting a customer at the booth window when a customer drove around the Visitor parking booth & straight up to the entrance gate to Visitor parking. After he raised the gate next to the booth for the customer to enter the garage, he turned around & saw the other customer at the entrance gate. So he walked up to the entrance gate to assist that customer. The customer was speaking to Nancy *not her real name*, who works in the parking office at the university we work at as contract parking attendants at the call box. The customer had pressed the call button on the call box, & Nancy took the call. Nancy told my co-worker that the customer needed to park. So my co-worker walked back to the booth to get the visitor parking pass. After assisting the customer, he walked back to the booth.

Several minutes later Nancy called my co-worker on the phone inside the booth & told him "It is rude for you to not have the visitor parking permit in your hand when you walk up to the entrance gate."
    Last edited by snugglegirl05; 09-14-2011, 04:08 PM.

I've been seeing the word "Rude" in a lot of the situations involving SC's lately. Do they even know what it really means??

Comment

That's right Nancy. And in case the customer needs it, don't forget to have on hand:

-A token to exit (as the customer always demands)
      -A map if they're lost
      -The outlook calendar in case you need to check it
      -Money for the meters across the way (since the customer doesn't want to pay 5 bucks for parking)
      -How 'bout a fire extinguisher? Sure, why not?

Course I'd never think of a snappy comment on the spot, but the above suggestions make just as much sense as Nancy's.
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

From what I (and I'm sure many others) have been able to discern, "rude" just means, "not done my way." So not actually rude...just not adhering to one special snowflake's little fantasy world.

Comment

Nancy should be forced to do that work. For a full week. At 24 hours a day. Without overtime.
          Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
          X