This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wish me luck!

I have gone back to school now, so I am only at the pub on a Monday/Tuesday morning until Christmas. Today was the first day I didn't see the Five Awesome Co-workers in six weeks. I actually miss them and feel a little depressed

Anyway, that's not what my post is about. Seeing as I now no longer work weekends, Boss Lady cornered me and asked if I was free to come into the pub on Friday evening for another charity thing. I immediately agreed. She then told me the ins and outs of the event and asked if I was still interested in attending.

All of the male staff at the pub are getting their legs waxed for charity, myself included.

Why oh why did I agree? I am officially shitting myself haha. Someone please tell me it is not as painful as you see on TV!

How high up the leg are they going? From the knee down is a piece of cake, it stings when they rip it off and then the pain goes away pretty fast but higher up, especially the inner thigh and bikini line hurt like a bitch and the pain lingers around for a while.

Also keep in mind that when they wax some dead skin will be taken away too (kind of like a really good exfoliation) and your skin will be a lot more sensitive, not necessarily anything painful but (especially since you are used to having hair legs) things like pant legs are going to feel a bit odd and you should think about picking up a small thing of body lotion.

Comment

Done by a professional, who knows what they're doing and how to do it with minimum pain, you'll be fine. Especially if it's lower-leg only, which is far more likely given that you're doing it for charity.
      (a full thigh job would require the entire thigh to be revealed, after all)
      Seshat's self-help guide:
      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
        Someone please tell me it is not as painful as you see on TV!
        No, it isn't.

It's a LOT worse (and I speak as someone who regularly has her legs waxed and has never got used to it yet............)
        Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

It's not like the scene from 40-year-old virgin if that's what you're thinking
          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth Marmalady View Post
            It's a LOT worse (and I speak as someone who regularly has her legs waxed and has never got used to it yet............)
            At least CRML will have an excuse for squealing like a...
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

If you have thin or pale skin, you might be screwed. I waxed my legs a couple times and both times the places I waxed turned bright bruise-red/purple. By the time the bruising went away, it was time to wax again. I haven't done it in years.
              https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Use this: http://www.tendskin.com/index.htm or its equivalent (search YouTube for it)
                It will help the hairs not become large red bumps or ingrown hairs.

Have a sip of wine or a shot before you go in and do this. I've had Brazilians, and they sting. Sting, not kill me. I've also had armpits done, the Brazilian is a LOT more tender. I'm sure your legs will be ok. Find a swimmer, they do it all the time.
                In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
                She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

You guys have officially scared the life out of me! Haha

Comment

You'll be fine, CRML. Good for you for being willing to do this for charity! Also, we'll need to see pics. Maybe a nice before & after?
                    "Redheads have at least a 95% chance of being gorgeous. They're also concentrated evil." - Irv

"This is all strange, uncharted territory and your hamster only has three legs." - Gravekeeper

Comment

It really isn't bad, give yourself a quick smack, it hurts about that much and fades about as quickly, the skill of the person doing it can make things better or worse but that honestly is a good comparison.

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                      If you have thin or pale skin, you might be screwed. I waxed my legs a couple times and both times the places I waxed turned bright bruise-red/purple. By the time the bruising went away, it was time to wax again. I haven't done it in years.
                      You poor thing, whoever did that to you seriously fucked up, turning red is pretty expected and can last for hours but you shouldn't bruise and it shouldn't last for days.

Comment

Quoth thatcrazyredhead View Post
                        You'll be fine, CRML. Good for you for being willing to do this for charity! Also, we'll need to see pics. Maybe a nice before & after?
                        I'd settle for a report in text.

Rapscallion

Comment

Taking a pain reliever such as Tylenol about a half-hour before you do it will help, too.

Comment

Well...I didn't get my legs done.

I sometimes get outbreaks of eczema on my arms and legs, and it decided to return this week. I was all prepared to do it, but then the girl doing the waxing took one look at the joints in my legs and said "I reaaaallllly don't think you should do this. You will bleed EVERYWHERE!"

So it was decided that I shouldn't do it (you can imagine my devastation )

We raised a couple of hundred pounds, and I got the job of filming all the reactions which are now on my phone. Some of them are hilarious. There were some co-workers who we predicted would scream the place down, and they didn't. Wheras all the big, tough acting men cried and begged them to stop.

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
                              Whereas all the big, tough acting men cried and begged them to stop.
                              Well, when your legs would look just right on an oversize hobbit...
                              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                              X